Looking For A Vaporizer!

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Mattekat, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Does anyone have much experience with weed vaporizers? I had a crappy inexpensive one in my teens that my mom broke when she found it, but would like to start smoking that way again. I have very little knowledge, so I was hoping someone else might be able to recommend something! My friend brought over an interesting wooden box one the other day that worked nicely, but he explained that the screen is not replaceable and can get damaged. I definitely want one that I can replace any parts that are easily damaged, since that happened to the one my mom broke too. It only broke a removable glass piece, but nowhere, not even the manufacturer would sell me the piece on its own.

Basically, I don't want to spend more than a couple hundred bucks, although ill gl a bit higher if necessary (but less would be better). I also only smoke weed at home, so it doesn't need to be portable. Where should I start looking?

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

3. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I have tried a pax and liked it but I never found vapes to be as efficient as bowls

4. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

It's a waste of weed! I have a dry herd atomizer and it clogs, don't burn, eat it, etc just a pain in the ass when ya wanna get high!
    As mentioned a bowl or spin up a doob, I always smoked joints, hate bowls. But now smoke honey/hash oil in a vape and a couple hits and good to go!

5. Mattekat

Well I disagree that it's a waste of weed. I have used very good vaporizers before and got far more stoned than a bowl could ever get me. Most of the ones I have tried before are just out of my price range.

The pax looks good though.

6. Mattekat

I also like the idea of saving all my vapes weed to bake with.

7. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i was a real big fan of my Arizer V-Tower. can use a whip, bag, or with the right attatchments you can vape bong

3 people like this.
  8. BareFootHiker

BareFootHiker Member

I recently bought a G Pro By Grenco Science For $90. I think it is a really great vape for the price, I probably would have bout a pax 2 but didn't want to spend over $200.

9. Mattekat

I believe that's one of the ones I have tried before. I really like the idea of one I can use a bag with.

10. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

I tried the high dollar ones down to forgetting mine and bought a cheap $10 dollar special at a gas station. For the money, use and how long the elements last under my use, I have found that cheaper Lsmoke blast and pulse fit the bill perfect. But I also clean it every other day and have back up orbs and other attachments so they stay in perfect working condition.

Everyone has a favorite, I keep it cheap and easy, for use and replacement wise. So far, no problems!

1 person likes this.
  11. Mattekat

Well I've finally decided on the arizer extreme q vaporizer after much searching and reading! I even found a place that sells it at a bit of a discount and ships free to me! I'm going to get it with my tax return soon, can't wait! http://vaped.ca/products/arizer-extreme-q-vaporizer

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I had one and it kept falling apart. The wire mesh kept falling off of the heating mechanism or something. I don't remember the names of all the parts, but I remember it ended up being a hassle. Good luck with yours. I didn't have much luck with mine.

13. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Totally interested in a vaporizer too. Solely because I read and heard that smoking weed does the same to your lungs that cigarettes do. Because you're still inhaling smoke. And I don't want to do that to my poor lungs that are already messed up. Also, I know I've only been smoking weed for two years, and I haven't done it a lot, so I'm still pretty much a newbie. However, I still havern't gotten over the coughing hump. It hurts like no body's business to smoke weed. And again I heard and read that vaporizers are the easiest method to smoke weed, because it doesn't hurt your throat, lungs, and you don't have a coughing fit.

In all honesty, what I really want is to get the medical card. So, I can get tinctures. I think tinctures would benefit me the most. It's seem like the easiest method, where I can take it when I'm at home or when I'm out, just pop it under my tongue, and go about with the rest of my day. I'm not smoking for the experience or the socialization. I just want an alternative method of medicine.

On another note, the best by far means of smoking that I have tried is smoking through a joint, but I don't know how to roll a joint. And I havern't tried that many methods, in the first place.

14. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i have the arizer extreme Q. i've never been a fan of the whip, always preferred the bag. i know joker knows, but you can get larger over bags and even turkey sized ones. better than the originals that come with the vaporizer.

i have the attachment for vape-bonging that you linked me a few years ago :)
    haven't used it in years though. i use the vape, and the bong separately, just haven't combined..

good choice. it never quite satisfies me the same way that smoking a few bongs will...but it's a good vaporizer. and you can save your vaped stuff for cooking with.

never had that problem, with two different arizers, and several different elbow attachments and screens. and like mattekat was looking for, you can buy replacement parts for all of it.

15. Mattekat

I'm glad most people here who have tried it liked it, that seems to be the case for most reviews I found online. Maybe you could contact the company that makes it with a picture of what's wrong soulcompromise? They might be able to tell you if a part doesn't work or needs replacing.

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I thought about but forgot to mention, mine wasn't an Arizer. It was some other thing, but it did have that screen problem, which was a nuisance. lol

17. Mattekat

Even better!

18. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

keep in mind that you can clean the glass parts of your arizer with rubbing alcohol. (isopropyl alcohol)

they build up quite a coating of "resin" which makes the vapor a bit more harsh. you'll want to keep it clean and tasting it's best :beatnik:

1 person likes this.
  19. jfast94

jfast94 Members

The portable ones are nice. I use the absolute xtracts. It works well and is descreet.

20. Mattekat

Some of the portable ones do look nice, but I never smoke outside my home and on the off chance I might one day, I'll just roll a joint.