Life Is So Bullshit, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by atsizat9050, Apr 19, 2015.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

money is inconvenient to lack, but knowledge is also useful on occasion.
    at any rate, creating and or exploring are the basis of gratification,
    where as expectation is the basis for disappointment.

we don't live in a universe that was created for us to be the center of it
    whatever beliefs our collective ego might create to pretend to the contrary.

so if you want to beat your head against looking for gratification where there is none to be found
    don't expect the universe to be impressed by your sore head.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Life seems bullshit when you don't know how to live yours and you're not putting serious effort in it to figure out how to.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not everyone has the same capacity to figure it out, though it is true, many who bitch the most about it, well maybe just don't know how to be honest enough with themselves to try. and this should come as no surprise, when the incentives of the dominant culture are to be everything else but, honest about anything.

there is one way we could all take it a little easier on ourselves, and that would be to avoid expectations.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it isn't that life is bullshit,
    its that there's a lot of bullshit people try to pretend is life, that isn't.

5. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Life is what is happening right now.Its not in the past or future,its the present moment.Thats all we ever have.Focus on the present time,with mindfulness and yep,thats life!The Good,bad & ugly!

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's a gift from someplace. I used the gift to do almost exactly what I wanted to do my entire life. Kinda' lucky that way. Well, made my own luck, I suppose. These days, it's a little different. I don't have much going on--but I'm not looking the gift horse in the mouth, so to speak.

There's so much WE don't know about who, what, when , why, that it will drive one crazy when you think of --THE BEGINNING. Is it possible that there is/was no beginning, but that eternity is true? And if it is true----how did it happen? And then HOW DID that happen? On and on and on. How is anything we think we know about existence true? So, enjoy your gift of life and do it with vigor! We'll either know or we won't know when we change form.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there is no present moment we can do anything about. we've already created that in the past. its only the next moment we can do anything about. that's the one we're creating now.

8. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

Most of it bores me...the sports, the trivial small talk, gossip, competition, cars, houses, kids, careers....not really interested.....I just want a simple life with simple straightforward work, nature, hiking, philosophy, reading, writing, singing, dancing, MAYBE a gf or bf one day...I just want to be happy and I live for the moments that make all the bullshit worthwhile like a nice barbecue or campfire....people living in competition, all I want is to have my peace of mind

9. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

It's only shit if you allow it.

Be your own person. Fuck the dumb modern bullshit.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Shit is very fertile. So lots of possibilities if life is shit. Cover a garden in a bunch of shit and look a few weeks later. Oh yeah, don't forget to throw some good seed in there as well: you reap what you sow :cheers2:

1 person likes this.
  11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

If I only knew back then what I know now...Oh boy.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is actually quite reasonable. its the dominant culture that's bullshit.
    biggest little secret, we don't have to subscribe to it.
    develop and follow our own interests, however sub-generic they might happen to be,
    however few of our fellow humans we can find we can share them with.

i wouldn't call that life being boring. only humans. there's so much more universe, even in a cubic inch of topsoil,
    then anything that begins and ends with other people, especially adamently and premeditatedly mundane twits.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

poor asshat.. shame he wasnt hip enough..

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I love my life from my earliest memories to my most recent travesties. What an experience! :)

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

me too. all of them. although it may be argued that only those from this life are actually memories.
    still there is plenty i can deduce from the preferences i was born with.
    that and several dreams i've had. or 'dreams'.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

oddly enough, i DID know back then a lot of what i know now. context and circumstance prevented me from doing more to follow up on it.

17. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

Life can be bullshit at times.It can be boring,exciting,and everything in between.No day is ever the same though.Take time to notice things in life.Birdsong when you wake up,the sunrise,cloud formation,blossom on the tree's?Get the picture?Is that bullshit?

1 person likes this.
  18. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

This perception depends on the state of consciousness.

There are sages who shed tears of bliss seeing the world from the vantage view of enlightenment.

And there are those in a lower state of consciousness who thinks that life sucks and does not find any meaning to it. All sense-pleasures have been enjoyed to the fullest to the point of saturation, and still one is unfulfilled ,discontent and consequently miserable.

19. morrow

morrow Visitor

Life is what you make it!

Only you can change it!

You are in control of your own destiny!

You can change anything!

Only time it's too late, is when your dead!

1 person likes this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you wanna know what's really bullshit?
    greatness is bullshit.
    i've yet to hear of any redeeming value for it,
    and "it just is" isn't one either.