Les Crane, Cannabis Activist Murdered

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Deleted member 1154, Nov 19, 2005.

1. I read the most distressing news just now on the internet...

Friday, November 18, 2005 - 11:01:06 PM PST

[​IMG]
    Cannabis distributor Les Crane slain

By LAURA CLARK/The Daily Journal Ukiah

Les Crane, 39, owner of Mendo Spiritual Remedies in Laytonville and Hemp Plus Ministry in Ukiah, was shot to death at his Laytonville home early Friday morning.

Mendocino County Sheriff's Detective Commander D.J. Miller said Crane was killed about 2:30 a.m. in the home invasion. "The investigation has disclosed it appears to be robbery motivated. An undisclosed amount of currency and processed marijuana was stolen," Miller said.

Crane came to Mendocino County several years ago with $100 and a dog after selling his tie-dye business in Florida. He had heard Mendocino County had passed Measure G supporting legalization of marijuana in the county for personal use. He turned the $100 into a sizable profit that harvest year and took that nest egg and started the dispensary and then opened a youth center in Laytonville.

Law enforcement officials are seeing more violence sparked by marijuana.

"This time of the year there is always the potential for violence in marijuana grows due to the quantity of marijuana and the large sums of money that are exchanged," Miller said.

~I met this fellow in Ukiah a year ago, he was a saint for a lot of local medical patients. He's right up there with Eddy Lepp... but at least Eddy Lepp is still with us...

Pray for peace,~Payaso
    [​IMG]

2. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

damn shame

3. ragethebong

ragethebong Member

God damn it. Those kind of people who killed him give us all a bad name. God damn assholes. That just killed my day.

4. darksideofthemoon

darksideofthemoon Senior Member

sucky, i agree with that
    they completely are the reason why Marijuana users are labelled bad sucky

5. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

shitty
    thats just fuckin shitty
    the man was a healer and he was shot for his medicine
    thats horrible

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Legalize and the sooner the better. if EVERYONE that wanted to raise their own could do so---maybe---just maybe this crap will stop. Maybe not though---a crook is a crook is a crook. Easier to take other peoples stuff and even kill for it. Damn shame.