Kent Security Of Naples Supervisor Busted With Paddles And "wall Of Shame"

Discussion in 'The Media' started by salvadordali, May 3, 2016.

1. salvadordali

salvadordali Member

A Kent Security supervisor was busted with large wooden paddles and a "Wall of Shame" at the workplace. This made the news all over South Florida. I'm curious what you guys think about this and the issue of workplace bullying. This looks like a good example of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqE-o3Sd2eU

How should workplace bullying be addressed?

1 person likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

I personally don’t see anything wrong with the Wall of Shame.as a way to motivate the officers to use Spell Checker

Hotwater

3. salvadordali

salvadordali Member

I respectfully disagree. You don't need to shame people to correct their mistakes, and even if you believe that to be proper conduct, surely you would agree that giant paddles or slats with threatening words on them would be inappropriate for a workplace? Anyway, we can agree to disagree. [​IMG]

But to the credit of the Miami New Times, they did a good job covering the mistakes of Kent Security of Miami in dealing with this problem. It turned into an example of how not to deal with employee complaints.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Not sure if I agree or disagree. In the world we live in its wrong. In the world we should live in you shouldn't work where you don't like how they operate.

One thing I am sure about though. Is you shouldn't like your own posts.

2 people like this.
  6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

OK, I appreciate the response despite the fact it was 7 months later