John Lennon and Aleister Crowley?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Kevinlovesmary, Oct 20, 2007.

1. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j8DEVzdexw

Based on MR James' story Casting The Runes, the antagonist of this film is based on Crowley. It's one of my favourites.

1 person likes this.
  2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Crowley cast a spell of invisibility on himself.

Every time he walked through the village, everyone would say "There goes Crowley."

This is almost true...

3. buddhabelly420

buddhabelly420 Banned

the song you refer to was called revoultion lennon penned it when he was starting to first get in to poltics, the lines you refer to where writen this way because lennon at the time didnt know if he was out or in with radical left wing politics. i recomend you watch the documentry john lennon vs the usa. As for the crowley connection, lennon said he put him on the front cover because the beatles we all about doing what you wanted and the crowely qoute Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law was a perfect qoute for their belifs. his early works where a big infulance on the hippie cunter culture. john lennon as a man of peace love is a image yoko ono has given him, i dont belive he didnt belive in these things but a lot of it has been mythologised i think. hope this helps

4. buddhabelly420

buddhabelly420 Banned

5. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I used to date a gal back in my twenties, whose bestie was married to a member of a certain lesser-known band of the time period (69, 70) who knew Page and company, as well as Ozzy. Calling Page a Satanist would be incorrect, as there's a big difference between Satanism and Magick, or Witchcraft. Tony Iommi said although Sabbath sang about, and had a passing interest (nothing more...) in the occult, that they had never heard of actual Satanism until they came to America. Yes Page was interested in the Occult, this doesn't make him a Satanist, or any of the others I mentioned, nor the one I didn't mention. Witchcraft and Satanism are two different things.

Reverand JC likes this.
  6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There are distinct differences between Crowley, LaVey, Satanism, Theistic Satanism, and Luciferianism. One could research if so inclined.

magickman likes this.
  7. The Beatles were simply aware of the greater cosmic order and tried to enlighten others as to how to be mindful and meditative. Destruction, count me out, in... Don't you know it's gonna be all right. You've got to keep your cool was the point of the song to me.

Aleister Crowley...don't know too much about him. Saw him with the pyramid hat with the "all-seeing eye." Nobody's all seeing. It's a bunch of bullshit. But the ancient history of Egypt is very interesting. They actually were just ruled by cats to a very large extent.