Jeff Sessions Resumes War On Pot

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tumbling.dice, Jan 4, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

2. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I begin to wonder if there is any actual "agenda" for either side since they seem to do so many of the same things. Bill Clinton escalated pot arrests, Obama did nothing about the War on Drugs. Are those liberal values? Hardly.

While I'm certainly not shocked in the slightest to see yet another old southerner go after pot users, I have to ask why democrats have done so little when they had the opportunities (plural). I'm beginning to think another kind of action will be necessary to get these asshole's boots off of our throats.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

BS. He directed the DOJ to stop pursuing pot users. Sessions is reversing that.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Why do you defend these assholes George? You're to smart for that.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  5. GeorgeJetStoned

Who am I defending? Both parties keep the drug war going. Both parties suck. It's easier to examine the problem when you cut neither side any slack. Neither side deserve it as far as I can see.

And really, getting personal with me in the forums? Tsk tsk.

6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

People seem to keep forgetting that Obama did not have the majority Democratic back up behind him to get the things he wanted done...like Trump has with his party.

MeAgain likes this.
  7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Session just committed suicide. Its all good. The industry is to big for him now. He needs to go back to his tree in the forest because hes barking up the wrong one.

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

This is NOT part of conservative politics. Unfortunately, it is part of the conservative agenda. And how do you move an agenda forward? Big government.

Old Republicans are so in love with social conservativism, that they will sacrifice their own political identities to mandate it. Thus, the only difference between modern day "conservatives" and modern day "liberals" is which lifestyle they want the federal government to legislate.

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I had a bad feeling about Trump hiring Sessions. Now I know why.

He looks like a little boy turned into an old man by a wicked witch

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What a coincidence private prisons have been given new life under the Trump admin too

11. GeorgeJetStoned

I so hope you're right. But the country still seems to have an ample supply of the kinds of old fuckers who think pot is equal to heroin. How is this possible in the 21st century?

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's stubborn old people syndrome. The ones who think rock and roll is devils music.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dont know. I was listening to the police scanner for a little while the other day. In one hour, there were 4 drug overdose calls .. What a waste of life. Sessions can not do anything without Congress approval and cant touch Medical. States are already teaming up to douse him with fire. Hes going nowhere with his elfish bullshit.

14. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

The Narco state roles on.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

Sessions under fire from all sides

GOP lawmaker: Sessions ‘betrayed’ Trump
    -0:25

Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s job security is in question after taking withering fire from fellow Republicans this week, including from two prominent House conservatives who called on him to resign.

Two leaders of the House Freedom Caucus, Reps. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) and Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), called on Sessions to step aside in an op-ed Friday, charging he has lost control of the Department of Justice and the FBI.

Sessions has also come under criticism from Republicans and Democrats alike for his decision to rescind the Obama-era Cole memo, which gave states the space to legalize marijuana without fear of federal interference.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

REPRESENTATIVE TOM GARRETT (R-VA) ALONG WITH REPRESENTATIVE TULSI GABBARD (D-HI) INTRODUCED

H.R.1227 -
    The Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017

Bill Info:
    H.R.1227 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017

This bill amends the Controlled Substances Act

DO YOU SEE YOUR STATES CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVES ON THIS LIST OF COSPONSORS? https://www.congress.gov/…/115th…/house-bill/1227/cosponsors

FIND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE HERE:
    https://www.house.gov/representati…/find-your-representative

AND DEMAND THAT THEY CO-SPONSOR H.R. 1227

6-eyed shaman and Meliai like this.
  17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

18. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Democratic governor Tom Wolf of PA vows to protect medical marijuana when it becomes legal this spring.

scratcho and Orison like this.
  19. deleted

deleted Visitor

20. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So now Jeff Sessions, current Attorney General and former Mayor of Munchkin Land, has rescinded the Cole Memo which allowed states to regulate their own marijuana industries without interference from the federal government. This is SO going to blow up in his face.