IUD experiences?

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by CuriousRedhead, Feb 1, 2018.

1. CuriousRedhead

CuriousRedhead Members

Hello! I would like to get an IUD because I haven't been able to remember to take the birth control pills at the same time each day, even after years of trying to remember. My friend suggested an IUD. If you've had one, would you suggest it?
    Thanks!

SuziHotwife and LuvCookies85 like this.
  2. LuvCookies85

LuvCookies85 Members

My cousin just got one and she says she is enjoying it compared to birth control. She stated putting it in was slightly uncomfortable and it felt a little odd at first.

CuriousRedhead likes this.
  3. Kerri

Kerri Members

I would suggest it - especially if you’re having issues remembering the pill. It does hurt some going in, but it’s not horrible and is short lived. I had a little cramping and bleeding for a few days after but it was mild. Since I’ve had no issues

4. SandraAnne

SandraAnne Members

If you and your partner are absolutely, totally and completely monogamous, yes; they provide NO protection from STD's and can worsen some of those infections. There is, though, an increased risk of tubal pregnancy, the small percent I can't recall.

5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My daughter-in-law got one after the birth of her triplets.

No problem for almost 12 years.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Mirena, second one. Planning on third.

7. CuriousRedhead

CuriousRedhead Members

Thank you all for the replies! I've looked more into it and I believe it is the best birth control option for me, but I still haven't gotten one though because I keep seeing stories of women saying it was the worse pain they've ever been in, some saying they screamed when it was inserted. I'm so scared and have put off getting it for this reason. How common is it for insertion to be that painful? I have my nipples pierced so I am no stranger to pain, but I'm still very worried.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Pain will be more closely related to cramping.
    Yes, popping it in is a doozy, but it’s short duration.

Compared to nipple piercings, I’d say it is close.

9. jabberjon

jabberjon Members

My ex got one and has been very happy with it. She didn't mention if the procedure hurt-I imagine she would have mentioned it to me if it was very bad. There was a problem initially in that the plastic string or whatever would poke me during sex, but it must have adjusted or something because it stopped doing that.

10. CuriousRedhead

CuriousRedhead Members

Thank you all for the help! I talked with my gynecologist, and ended up going with Nexplanon, the implant that goes in the arm. Thank you very much! :)

11. Tonynewyork6969

Tonynewyork6969 Members

My gal always had an iud as she would have impromptu experiences here and there. She did supplement with a condom but enjoys the warm feeling of hot cum in her pussy

12. kinkydoyouloveme

kinkydoyouloveme Members

I had the mirena on for about 3 years. Unfortunately ended ip having horrible side effects. Weight gain, feeling tired all the time, painful tender breasts, and i almost felt as if i had depression (maybe even did). The worst part was that my doctor didnt believe me and refused to take it off for an entire year. I finally went to a diferent doctor and told them i wanted it out. Not to say that this is the rule, but if you feel different trust your insticts.

Did love it for the convenience though... i lost my period completely after the third month. That was kinda nice

13. dethmetalchick

dethmetalchick Vaknaði

Minera is basically a birth control pill that you don't have to remember to take every day. You're still pumping your body full of chemicals and hormones. It's not good for you.

What you really want is a copper IUD like Paragard or Mona Lisa (I have the latter). They do make your periods worse for about 6 months, but it's 5 years of hormone free birth control.

14. BirdFlu

BirdFlu resident alien

I've heard horror stories about the IUD. The arm implant, less issues... but still, my friend has a permanent scar due to it... they botched the removal, big time.

I wouldn't hormonally alter myself when a man can wear a damn condom.

15. DaddysGirl

DaddysGirl Members

I am have a mirena and its great my period is starting to go away. I don't suggest a copper one because apparently your periods get heavier and longer and you get worse cramps.

16. Sissybrandy

Sissybrandy Members

My first wife was a tiny woman and she had the copper iud. When things got heavy and she want it deep and hard I would feel that thing poke me,talk about a mood killer.My next wife had the arm implants and what a hormonal roller coaster that was.I told her you go get those taken out or I will cut them out myself .

17. lapush

lapush Members

I love those things. I used to push it around and it felt great.

18. BoyToy69

BoyToy69 Members

My ex had one put in after the birth of our daughter. It was temporary until I got fixed. It was one that had copper in it but don't know exactly what brand. But it sure sucked having sex. I would constantly bump into it at the end of almost every stroke, which would bother both of us. Finally went in to get it checked to see if it was falling out. Nope it was good. So we just changed our routine for a year until I got a vasectomy.

19. lapush

lapush Members

I think hers was soft plastic that worked for years. No babies.
    After some time you push it up and out of the way.
    It worked even though it was washed allot with sperm.
    I think it makes a hum noise that bugs the sperm and keeps them from swimming up any further.
    I asked a friend if she would let me listen to her IUD and she hit me.:blush:

BoyToy69 likes this.
  20. lostinitall

lostinitall Members

a girl i was dating just out of HS had one... n we were having sex... she was on top riding me... going good then she sat straight up n arched backwards... it shifted or moved or something, but it stabbed me in the dick n sliced her inside... we both went to the hospital... now this was in like 97' so i not sure how improved they are... i know girls in the military were getting the things they implant under your armpit area n they loved whatever that item is

BoyToy69 likes this.