Its time for a nice suit, all men need to own a nice suit.

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by broony, Aug 13, 2011.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i also have a suit that i basically just wear to funerals, i may have to throw it on for a fancy work-related function once or twice a year. i've had it since high school; i just upgraded the pants within the last year because the ones i had were too tight, too short, and were starting to fade and look shitty. i also need new dress shoes. mine are brown, and i'm told you can't wear brown shoes with a black suit. that and the fact that the soles are held on by screws.

AstroShark likes this.
  2. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

I have a couple of nice suits for special occasions. I usually wear sport coats and nice slacks on other "dress up" occasions. I hate to wear ties, but I do it anyway. Thank goodness my wife and family have good taste in ties, because I don't.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

No suits and I don't need to be anyplace that worries about such nonsense.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i have no idea how to choose a good tie. i'm just thankful that my mom knows how to tie one. she tied mine when i first got it back in high school and it hasn't been untied since; i just slip it over my head to put it on or take it off.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It doesn't surprise me at all that Broonyboi would think that a man would have to need such a social attire to improve his status on the streets. Rofl.

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

During the day I wear washable clothing due to the often dirty environment of buildings under construction and engineering projects. When a theater is open to the public, it is always black tie after 7pm. I only wear a normal suit a few times a month and had to buy a new one last June for our daughters wedding.

7. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

I agree that all men should own one suit minimum for those events that come up at moment's notice. What every man should have is a three piece black suit with a plain white shirt and real leather black dress shoes, and a tie. That's the minimum. If you want a little more variety, also invest in a navy blue suit and a grey suit, a couple light blue shirts, some medium brown leather dress shoes, maybe also a pair of burgundy dress shoes as well.

Me, I own one suit, a tuxedo, and a tails tuxedo. Several blazers and dress pants, several vests, several shirts, several pairs of dress shoes in various colors and styles, and several ties.

jmadre likes this.
  8. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

No suits. I hate dressing up.

9. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I rented a suit recently & it cost me an absolute fortune (went to my cousin's wedding)....I didn't like the way it looked on me to be honest (a tailored suit might look good on me but off the hook just doesn't look right)....next time I'll just wear a waist coat. If I was more of an average size and build I probably would own a suit.

10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have a few, but they aren't real sharp, just standard. You got me thinking of upgrading now. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Broony

11. Kerri

Kerri Members

A guy with a little scruff and a sharp suit is super sexy

jmadre likes this.
  12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

age old tactic used by snake oil salesman..used car guys...accountants....con men...bankers....etc

they prey on the fact that dumb people equate good dress with trust and respect

stick a nice new suit on a goof and its still just a goof in a suit

jmadre likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

[​IMG]

14. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

^^ I should wear that to work. lol

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

A suit seems like a practical thing to own, although they are less expected than ever. A man in a suit does look sharp, but there are other ways to look sharp, and I guess society is becoming ever more casual. So I take back my first half sentence, unless you are a person with a high profile job, or something.

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Don't wear it to church though or else like, you're showing off your money. :p

18. Kerri

Kerri Members

Sure but stick a nice suit on an attractive guy and now he’s crazy hot

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I disagree, dress an attractive guy in a suit = douchebag. Lol

20. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

You Left Out Real Estate Salesmen......In Town They Have Taken To Wearing Dark Suits

Even In Mid Summer......I Told A Couple I Know That They Look Like Funeral Directors.....LOL....:laughing:

Cheers Glen.