Is Western Culture Superior?

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Jimbee68, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yes. Well, European western culture. Not America. Europeans are far more advanced culturally than Americans. We deal with a lot living in such close quarters with other nations and we can make it work but the USA can't get two states next together to work out anything so it's pretty pez lol.

And then I look at the poverty in all other continents and its an easy one for me. Mainland Europe wins, hands down, every day of the week.

2. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Leftist ideology is based on resentment and ungratefulness.

Shining example.

3. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

Yes, Western culture is superior.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

What

People who bring politics into everything are fucking boring. Why are you so boring? There are other things in this world besides politics homie.

Also, European culture IS western culture. I never said I dont like western culture. I like cultures that have long histories .

5. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

I'm willing to bet they ain't curious enough to let in millions of 3rd world immigrants. Seriously though I don't know too much about them. I have friends that have lived there and have said the same as you about manners. Apparently no one talks on the bullet train so as not to be rude. There is something very cool about that.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Japan is like 98% Japenese.
    Gotta admire the Asians how they stick together. I'm sure it happens but I do not often see a Chinese and a Japanese couple. Or a Korean and a Vietnamese couple etc. Nope. America is really the crock pot of genetic cross-breeding which might say A LOT about mixing genes cause a lot of them seem to be fucked in the head. :D

7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

There is a lot of sub cultures in each culture.

China is vastly different than Japan.

Much like Alaska is vastly different than California.

Germany is not like England.

You'll need to be more specific in your question.

8. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The Japanese are considered, quite possibly, the only real feudal culture in the world. They're curious about outsiders, because they can barely tolerate them. Despite living in shoe-box apartments, literally a family of four living in one room, they prefer to stay right where they are, to having to deal with outsiders all the time. They even have a second language, which is largely for the purpose of politely telling someone to fuck off, and mind their own business, because the inside of their heads is the only privacy they ever get. Bullet trains are so crowded, they have men with gloves gently shoving passengers in far enough the doors will close.

Forget about them being polite, its been said that if any other culture in the world had to live that way, they would have weekly riots. Instead, their idea of a crime spree is when kids race their motorcycles at night.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Doesn't sound very fun at all. Nope, I'll take my mountains and the peace and quiet thank you very much.

10. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

During the dark ages Islamic civilization was much more advanced. China has had the largest economy in the world 18 out of the past 20 centuries. The west is just having it's turn in the spotlight. The future will probably be in the East and the Pacific is the new Atlantic.

11. wooleeheron

There are plenty of woods in Japan, because nobody in their right mind would live there. It is the most earthquake and tsunami prone island in the world and has their own unique problems with massive landslides. Ever since on landslide killed a shitload of people, hundreds of years ago, they've only planted crops on hillsides.

12. wooleeheron

Calling China the largest economy is like saying food is the largest export of the US, precisely because, they have made the Chinese and the rest of the world dependent upon food imports. Africa, the American west, northern China, and so on, are all turning into deserts. China's strength is in her people, with the US graduating 40,000 engineers a year, and China 400,000. How well they can leverage that I don't know, considering the robots and AI are about to take over everything.

13. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Yeah, there's a lot of it. Shale oil will make America the largest producer in the world this year even though the revolution still hasn't made a red cent.

14. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Pretty much all computers are made in China and they have the rare earth elements to build them. So we wouldn't be able to utilize AI without them right now.

15. wooleeheron

Rare earths are not nearly as rare as people think, most are actually quite common, and physicists have recently figured out how to cheaply substitute for the most expensive ones, used in high performance magnets, the single largest use for them.

After WWII the Japanese declared that, since they could not beat us on the battlefield, they would beat us in the marketplace. They succeeded by working their way up from cheap seven transistor radios and tape decks to building cars. The Chinese are doing the same, just in time for companies to roll out all their new AI and robotics that can do everything the Japanese and Chinese engineers can. In fact, the largest manufacturers of electronics in China today are somewhat controversial for replacing countless thousands of workers with robots. One factory had hundreds of employees threaten to jump off the roof. They are another link in the supply chain, but the US controls the distribution of just about everything in the world. Empires are built on controlling the distribution, because your money is only worth what the guy holding the gun says its worth.

This is something Asians understand implicitly, that westerners tend to deny vehemently. To an Asian, if you take away their livelihood you might as well put a bullet in their brain. To westerners, that's just business, and it sucks to be you when you starve to death, but that's no excuse for blowing things up or whatever. Terrorism can be loudly complaining you were ripped off. That's what happens when everyone always shops at Walmart.

The rich are not like us, money makes people even more insane. That's why the banks took a balanced economy and used blue smoke and mirrors to drive Americans 20 trillion dollars in debt, without anyone going to jail. At some point, you got to know when to either bend over and grease your ass, or how to step outside of the box. Unfortunately, Americans could not find their own ass with both hands, the idiots are still voting for whoever advertises the most, insisting on their facebook pages it is their patriotic duty, and not related to holding onto a job. The problem is, they don't even have a culture to fallback on, and might as well be chickens as far as the rich are concerned.

Gilligan's Island and Green Acres are not culture.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  16. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes, this country is greedy when it comes to costs for medical treatment and medicine, and other things. It's senseless, unfair, disgusting and will never be fixed.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Umm yeah but those eastern cultures have no qualms with taking out endangered species of animals because they think a rhino horn has some sort of function or having a potential to heal. Which even if so, which I don't believe, isn't worth making those animals extinct. So while I see what you're saying I also don't agree that their natural remedies are any better than our cost full medicine, the way I see it, every pill I take saves an animal.

18. wooleeheron

Western medicine is amazing for trauma. If I get in a car accident, I'm not going to an acupuncturist. You might as well be comparing apples and oranges.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I agree but I have to be an asshole and point out that a lot of animal testing went into the approval of every pill you take

And I wanna put a little laughing emoji so you'll know I'm just giving you shit but I don't want anyone to think I'm laughing about animal testing

:p

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Testing on rats and mice doesn't really bother me, nor chickens or whatever they test on. But primarily endangered animals. We can breed a billion rats mice cows chickens etc, endangered species have enough trouble reproducing in their natural habitat thanks to global weather changes most likely coming out of the eastern countries anyway and their whacky kill an endangered animal and live longer mentality.