Is smoking marijuana in front of your kids child abuse?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by ProudAtheist32490, Sep 11, 2009.

1. DdC

DdC Member

Psychedelic Rocker I stand by your statement while we're in the combat zone. But the draconian ways they use kids is far more dangerous. Hiding research is just flat out Fascism. the latest saveding the kids...

Action Alert – Souder is at it again

Call Congress today to stop a bad amendment by drug warrior Mark Souder.

More at Stop the Drug War

Our nemesis in Congress, arch-drug warrior Mark Souder, is at it again. Earlier this year, the House Education & Labor Committee passed a student aid bill including language to scale back his infamous financial aid/drug conviction law. The new version of the law would only count sales convictions — a great step forward, though we still want full repeal. More than 200,000 students already have lost aid for college because of drug convictions.

Tomorrow, we’re told, Rep. Souder will offer an amendment on the floor of the House of Representatives, seeking to have this good language stripped from the final version of the bill. PLEASE CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE AND ASK THAT HE OR SHE VOTE NO ON SOUDER’S AMENDMENT TO THE STUDENT AID BILL. Students should not lose access to college because of drug possession convictions! The bill is called SAFRA, the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act, H.R. 3221.

To reach your Representative (or find out who your Rep is), call the Congressional Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. When the receptionist in your representative’s office answers the phone, politely say something like the following:

“My name is _____ and I’d like Rep. ___ to vote against Rep. Souder’s amendment to the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act, which would deny educational opportunities to students with minor drug possession convictions. Blocking access to education causes more drug problems and hurts the economy. Thank you.”

The Sadomoralist leading the Illiterate

[​IMG]