is homeschooling right for me?

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by stickinote07, Jul 22, 2006.

1. stickinote07

stickinote07 Member

my best friend committed suicide june 24th. i was his girlfriend for over a year, so of course, everyone blames me. the rumors have already gone around school.. and its only summer school. i'll be a jr in highschool in the fall, at a tinyass school in paradise california (so not paradise...).

basically, if i go back to my highschool, and seeing as how im a violent person, i will end up expelled from fighting all the idiots that are already spreading unfathomable lies about what happend and who is to blame. im hoping that the school district will give me an inter-district pass to go to a school in the fall in a different area, but the only way my family can get me to school would be if the district had to transport me there and back.

or, there is homeschooling. as ive said i'll be a jr in highschool.. and i know that people say that to be homeschooled is to take away the social aspect of a childs life, but to be frank, i couldn't care less about socializing with anyone right now.

so, in your experience, has homeschool helped you progress toward graduating and getting into colleges? was it worth it? and if you could go back, would you have not done homeschool?

im just nervous because i dont know what to expect, and i also only have my father, who works five days of the week during the day, so i wouldn't have a parent or anyone here to teach me what i'd be learning....

,asia

2. The God of Hats

The God of Hats Member

I'm sorry to here about your friend. It would probably be difficult to homeschool in your particular situation, though colleges look for homeschoolers (more self modivation or something) I personally like homeschooling, fact is it's gets picey as you get older and feel the need for a curriculum so you can be where you "need" to be for college and stuff. Thats my 2 cents.

3. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I think you need to seek counseling. Homeschooling isn't going to be the answer to all of your problems. YOu've admitted yourself that you have problems dealing with your anger (violence)...maybe you need to learn to deal with that first...that seems to be the most important right now.

4. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

if you decide to homeschool there are curriculums you cann buy which would mean you would be able to teach yourself. laurel spings is a good one but kinda pricey