Is anyone else completely unimpressed with the PS4?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Americunt, Oct 8, 2017.

1. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

It's the first time I've seen Road Rash (old Sega Genesis fave) available on new systems so I got it first. It came with Call of Duty.

2. ultravio1et

ultravio1et Members

I mainly got a PS4 to continue playing the wipEout and Gran Turismo series

Gran Turismo Sport is not what I would call a ‘proper’ GT game and the last wipEout we got was a remaster of some old tracks: so I feel a little let down, the XBox One is getting more of my attention recently

3. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I bought the family a Nintendo Switch for Christmas, so we'll see how that works out.

I ended up buying one remastered game, Okami. I never actually finished it because my PS2 broke, and I really liked it.

I've also been playing a few online multiplayer games with some friends, so I'm not completely hating the PS4 these days. The game selection still sucks though.

4. magickman

I do like that they brought Road Rage back from the dead though. I was hoping the bad selection was just on my local Walmart though. maybe not.

5. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

The online store is what I look at mostly, and whenever they have weekly "deals", it's the same tired crap every time. Even the holiday sales were like that.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Which ones? I tried Battlefront 2 yesterday. First impression is different than expected: not better than the first Battlefront for ps4.
    I really expected it to be even better. Ah well, first impression only.

About all the games available: i don't see how people can complain about that. Unless of course they're more into Nintendo games. Those are obviously scarce on playstation :p

7. Asmodean

Weird. The holiday sales in ps store has lots of different stuff!
    I'm probably going for that Inuit platformer I forgot the name of. It is inspired by and full of Inuit mythology and folklore. And dirt cheap next few weeks :p

8. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I've been playing Vermintide, the Monster Hunter beta, and one of my friends mentioned playing Killing Floor 2 again, so I'll probably be playing that again.

I'm just tired of seeing remasters everywhere. "Oh, buy this game you played 15 years ago for $30 bucks." Or remastering Skyrim. Why? It doesn't need a remaster at this point, it's not that old. If you want to remaster something that needs it, remaster Morrowind. Or better yet, make a new game.
    Another type of game I'm over are those "point and click" "adventures" where it's mostly just wandering around looking at things and no real action.

magickman likes this.
  9. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I swear, I see the same games every single time. Nathan Drake collection for $9, Tomb Raider for $20, Technomancer for $10, Final Fantasy X/X-2 for $12-25, Elder Scrolls Online for $10, and then a shitload of mediocre arcade games, usually the same handful with maybe a few swapped out, but they all look the same to me.

10. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Oh yeah, and Destiny 2. I actually had an icon on my dashboard for Destiny 2, asking me to buy it.

11. Asmodean

I don't care for the latest 3 elder scrolls things either. Just waiting for the next new singleplayer in that line.

Haha yes, you're right that those games get thrown in the digital discount bin everytime. But among lots of other things.
    I for one was one of many who did my advantage with it. The remastered Nathan Drake collection was my first PS game (Ps4 is my first playstation) and so I'm very glad they remastered it for ps4. Same with The Last of Us, AND Rise of the Tombraider :D
    They obviously get whored around everytime in the ps store because 1) they're real classics, and 2) used to be playstation exclusives (only Tombraider got released on other consoles later, the other still are)

Americunt likes this.
  12. magickman

they do need to come up with something new.
    I find better prices and selection online. Got my PS4 much cheaper online, as with the games.
    Sometimes walmart isn't so cheap, esp. that stuff.

13. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Same here!

Yeah, they're the best out of what is offered for the sales. The problem is, I've already played them! :tearsofjoy:

14. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I found that I was losing interest in video games altogether around 2 or 3 months ago. I didn't ever have PS4 though. I sold my Xbox 1 for seventy-two dollars, or something like that. I then bought a dvd player, since my system was doubling as my dvd player when I had it. The dvd player works, and I'm perfectly content. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything really. But we'll see how I feel when they do another Final Fantasy title. I've been into that series since FFXI was an MMORPG back in the day now.

Don't feel bad if you can't get into the gaming thing! You're not alone... :sunglasses:

Americunt likes this.
  15. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Oof, that's a steal for an Xbox 1!

soulcompromise likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I had a PS and a PS2. Then I went xbox. I bought a PS3 for the bluray player years ago but the games were shit. The controller felt even cheaper than a PS2 with 12" chord and crackly plastic. I sold it on ebay once the xbone was released. I don't think I'd do a PS again.

Americunt likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Anyone play Call of Duty WW2?

That game almost made me get back into gaming and buy a PS4

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's meant to be terrible though, and way worse than CoD2, the bezt WW2 shooter of all time IMO.

19. Asmodean

I only for an hour at this point, but I might get it myself. There are more friends with ps4 that wanna play this so that seems fun and tempting.
    I don't play several games at once though, and am pretty sure I'm gonna emerge myself in Battlefront 2 first :)

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I heard you have to pay to unlock certain characters in battle front 2, i hate that kind of shit