i'm a teacher

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by q-tip, May 1, 2009.

1. q-tip

q-tip Member

hey folks! i'm a teacher who has a lot of trouble dealing with an indoors all the time public school environment. i was thinking maybe i could be a teacher for home schooled kids.

has anyone utilized an outside teacher for homeschooling? i mean, other than for extracurriculars - although, now that i think about that word, i guess there is no such thing as an extracurricular for homeschooling! i mean, other than outside lessons in art and stuff.

i was thinking about somehow getting together say, four families worth of kids, and having a 6 or so hour school day with them. have you heard of such a thing? i mean, i know many people homeschool themselves, but what about those who don't necessarily want or mean to be teachers, but mostly just don't want their kids in an institution all day?

what would you pay for this service?

any feedback would be grrrreat.

thanks!
    kate

2. Stillravenmad

Stillravenmad Member

I don't have kids, but I know that a lot of people hire tutors for homeschooling. I don't know if you'll make enough to get by on doing that, though.