I'll work/pay for Room (or tent space, depending) NC,CO,Gunks, Chattanooga, WY

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by TokeTrip, May 31, 2014.

1. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

Hey y'all!
    I'm looking for a room (or lot) around Asheville, NC (or Linville Gorge/Looking Glass), Boulder, Fort Collins, Laramie, the Gunks, Chattanooga, or Cheyenne. Or really any place that has nearby rocks that can be climbed, mountains to be hiked, etc.

I was thinking of a period of 1-3 weeks, to be determined. I am happy to work -- anything from basic carpentry to landscaping to gardening to cooking etc. My occupation, aside from studying chemical engineering fulltime, is tutoring and my students have had significant improvements in the subjects I tutor (math, physics, chemistry, history, some humanities, ethics). I would happy to tutor you or your family as part of my room fee -- I have limited experience tutoring under the age of 13, but am very patient and good with children.

As you can imagine, I hope to spend quite a bit of my time climbing and training; fortunately, I work quickly and efficiently and will be more than able to complete necessary tasks.

In addition to climbing, I enjoy watching shows and movies, playing chess & cards, reading, listening to music and smoking reefer. I also have a pretty sizable garden which is thriving, despite planting super early (tomatoes are already 2.5 ft tall!).

I am more than happy to also pay, in good old fashioned American dollars, in part or totally. I am uncomfortable around hard drugs and certain cats (allergies).

Thanks for your replies!

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Too bad a little closer to where you are now is not within your scope... I could use some help around here for a little while.

3. Rio_Jackson

Rio_Jackson Members

I am thinking About setting up my land for ppl that want to camp in vehicles or in tents not your regular camp sit tho this land i moved on has 3 set ups for a camper sit how ever i do have 2 campers i been working on so i could let some one live in them and plus been looking for some one to help me i live out in the county tho i was liveing in my tent when i first moved here because my daughter was not fond of sleeping in a tent i did that for seven mo,s during the winter and fall i liked it . how ever i live in the ozarks there are alot of places to hick and camp here how ever i would and do need help setting up my land

4. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Ha sounds cool man,
    What kind of budget do you have? I rent out my place in Denver, but I drive to Boulder at least weekly, or really anywhere in the mountains frequently. Don't climb myself, just hike, but if anything I'd be interested in learning to climb and maybe some physics/chemistry which I don't only mean hiking and reefer ;)

As I said, I do rent my place out, and have some dates already booked, so I guess it'd depend on your timeline, but HF members tend to be chill and would love to have you around :sifone:

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

SC, do you go through airBnB? Or CL. Or what?
    I travel back home frequently, but all my hosts live up out of Denver.
    Sometimes I need to be in RTD.