If you could read a book containing.....

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Adamskiffle, Mar 7, 2018.

?

If you could read a book containing everything everyone has ever said about you, would you read it?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm sure i would glance through it, but i'm sure i wouldn't have time to read the whole thing. or else the last few chapters would be along the lines of "i wonder where undies disappeared to."

2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Yes, I did. It is really moving. I like the simplicity of it.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It would be a short book...

More like a pamphlet.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

A truly remarkable piece of cinematography. Billy Williams won an Oscar for shooting the film. He also did half of the camera work on Gandhi when Ronnie Taylor was taken ill.
    In case you don't now think that I am completely daft, I will amuse you still further by telling you that I nearly got thrown out on my ear when I committed the company to opening this film in the Haymarket. Once again I won the day when the opening night was attended by 2 members of the Royal Family and the film broke the theaters box office records during it's 6 month run. It was the first time that opera had ever worked in the cinema,largely because it was taken into full location rather than being limited by the opera house stage. Franco Zeffirelli's inclusion of the overture, along with the preludes to acts 2 and 3 were a masterpiece in continuity, setting the atmosphere for the next act.
    On stage, the curtain would have gone up at 7:38. It was at 12:55 that the audience just moved with the film. The final 2 minutes are truly incredible in every sense of the word, making Teresa Stratas a legend among Violetta's.

Do watch it when you have a couple of hours to spare.

Deidre likes this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Mine would be more like an encyclopedia.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  6. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Out of curiosity i may read it without placing too much importance to what was said. People change, situations change. No need to hold people accountable to something said ten years ago. Though i'd be very curious to what my family says behind my back. Perhaps that would be the only thing i would read into while just skimming through the rest.

A good follow up question is "if you read what everyone has said about you, would you want everyone to read what you've said about them behind their backs?" I can foresee people saying yes to act brave but would they really?

7. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

But how would you know what the good parts are unless you've read the bad parts as well?

8. DeNuttySquirrel

DeNuttySquirrel Members

Nope, doesn't really bother me what they say. If they can't say it to my face then it isn't worth dealing with.

9. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

No. I honestly don't think that I would. People that I got along with I am sure would be positive.
    And the ones that I did not get along with would most likely be very negative.
    So why bother.

10. No, we have no control over what other people think, say and do. .all that stuff is their karma, not mine.

11. Dunnaknockit

Dunnaknockit Members

I realised, a long time ago, that what others think of me doesn't matter in the slightest. I am me...you take me as you find me and if you don't like me, that's your problem - not mine! So, no I wouldn't read it.

12. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Let me read your's.

13. Lego Batman

Lego Batman Scissors paper rocks

It would be a short book

14. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

I think if the offer was right in front of me I wouldn't be able to turn it down.. so yes

15. No it wouldn't :kissingheart:

16. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2020
  17. LittleFritter

LittleFritter Members

I'd flip trough it very superficially. If I saw too many negative things in it I'd make a mental note on how to improve and then use the book to prop up the wobbly chair in the kitchen.

18. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Nah, I'm not a narcissist, I don't give a stuff what people think of me, I'm me and people either have to take me as they find me or sod off !!!

19. subbylauren

subbylauren Members

No, if someone hasn't said something to me personally, it's none of my business what they have said to someone else about me.