if you could domesticate any animal to be your pet..

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by i_was_in_shroom_land, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not a cute:

[​IMG]

??

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what do people have against snakes, other then religious bull shit, and the few who are either poisonous or constrictors? most snakes are thoroughly harmless and eat rodents. even the poisonous ones do that too.

i can see not seeking them as pets though, because like most reptiles, they usually just sort of sit there.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Prolly answered this like 10 times :D

Polar Bear
    Lion
    Wolf
    Tiger
    Jaguar
    Panther
    Woolly Mammoth
    Sabre Tooth Tiger

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't want to be protected by a pet. that's a contradiction in terms.
    i like something exotic, because mundaneness is mundaneness.
    also, if someone has forced a whole species to lose its prefrontal lobes of its brains over generations and thousands of years of breading, so it'll just stand there when they abuse it or something, that's not right.
    so you know, i like something the first of all, can come and go as it sees fit,
    that i know is there with me because that individual creature chooses to want to be with me.
    now the next thing i want it to be small enough to curl up in my lap,
    and smart enough to not piss all over me when it does.
    so i like the idea of foxes, red pandas, any of the mustalids that aren't going to go postal on me when they reach puberty.
    no bunnies. they smell really bad, worse then mustalids, and the males kill each other. they're cute, can be very smart sometimes, but no.
    but foxes, pine martins, fishers, ring tails, even skunks, most members of the weasel family, ferrets of course.
    no thanks to otters either. they look and act cute, but they need a lot of water to play in. if you've got a pool, that's the place for them, and they're pretty much what a pool is good for.
    that and fish, which the otters will of course eat.
    most of the relatively small cats are ok too. just as long as they're not bigger then about one third of me.
    cats like to play fight, which is ok, unless they're too big, and their little claws and toothies aren't so little.
    so the fantasy of mind controlling something big and fearsome enough looking to intimidate the neighbor's pet bear, no thanks. i'm not into that.
    but i do like the idea of something that is sufficiently unusual, while at the same time, not so much work to look after and take proper decent care of.

and something that, if it gets tired of hanging around with me, can go off into the wild and take care of itself, i like that too.

5. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

I dream of something similar, domesticating/befriending a raven or a falcon, especially the raven as I feel a special connection to this black bird that announces the coming of warmer days every spring. Like when I travel and I see one on my road while I'm on my way to my destination, I know everything is gonna be alright and I'll have a pleasant trip. These two breeds of birds are very intelligent, plus as predators I tend to find their behavior fascinating, how they hunt and all. It's nature in its ultimate fierceness, it's a very raw, untamed, Yang energy that I feel in tune with.

1 person likes this.
  6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Probably a chimp if I could get them a lexigram machine. Communication (by human standards) with another species would be cool.

If I had room and a place for it to crap, then an elephant would be up there as well.

7. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Chimps can be extremely violent
    [​IMG]

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

^ So can most the other animals in the thread.

I took pacification of the animal to be a part of what was meant by domesticate.

Look at Irminsul's list lol!

9. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Id never own an undomesticated breed of animal. Something kept by humans for thousands of years, ok. But no way with a wild animal

10. questionexist-ing

questionexist-ing Banned

a tiger. for sure.

11. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

fox

themnax likes this.
  12. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

It would be great if all the animals in the world had no fear of humans and seen us as someone to get along with. We could basically hang out with different animals at different locations, petting them and becoming friends.

themnax likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If you aren't a vegetarian you must be able to understand the lack of an urge for mutual friendship from certain animals. Also, if they would be consciously aware to what extent we are responsible for fucking up their natural environments they would probably unite with eachother and wage war against us :D

themnax likes this.
  14. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I owuld say maybe a Tiger :)

After all A tiger is just a big kitty cat!!

MEOW!!

15. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I always wanted to pet a lion.

A dozen years ago my parents lived in an apartment complex and they had a patio on the side which was visible from the sidewalk that passed in front of the building. I was visiting with my dog Sunny (Chow/Shepherd mix) who sort of looked like a golden shepherd. We were sitting out visiting and my dog was laying on the ground. Three teens walked by and said "Is that a wolf?" and so I said, "Yeah, we are just sitting here with a wolf."

1 person likes this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i wouldn't want to domesticate anything, just let those that choose to like me, in and out. small enough ones to be mostly harmless. i don't feel the urge to impress anyone.

17. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

Man.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

domesticate isn't the thing, and neither is possession. if something is willing to share its life with you, that should be by its own will, not your own.
    that's why i like cats and they like me. cats aren't really domesticated at all. they're just small enough to be mostly harmless. its up to you to invite their friendship.
    well of course i'm refering to the kind of relatively small cats most people mistakenly think of as domestic.
    there are several other relatively mellow and mostly harmless creatures.
    i'm not that kind of idiot who has to prove anything by what kind of creature they keep.
    but foxes and fennics, which are a kind of fox, squirels, red pandas, which are a mustalid, and unrelated to great pandas, which really are a bear.
    most small mustalids, some rodents, squirelles, other more exotic small things i can't always remember the names of,
    skunks are fine if they're used to you and you don't startle them. leamers, ferrets, all these kinds of things,
    but the important thing would be to live where they could be allowed to come and go on their own, without having to worry about them getting run over.
    and of course where you have the environment for them, whichever they are, where they can live natural, healthy and happy.

19. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Tigers are big pussy cats, yes, but unless you have one live with you from a cub, they are not to be trusted, and you are just another piece of meat to them !!! (I should add this is from experience - I had a tiger cub when I was an infant in India).

Ajay0 likes this.