If Trump were to be impeached...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deidre, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Pence is a total war hawk. Trump may end up being one too, but at least he seems to support more diplomacy.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I don't see Trump being impeached.

And, truthfully, I don't see him being a one-term president.

3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Noooo... don't say thissss --_--

You're likely right, though.

4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If Trump's impeached the nightmare won't be over

[​IMG]

Okiefreak likes this.
  5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I hope he does this, too. He will lose, of course, but won't take the Democrats or the country down with him. The Democrats have their limitations, but are clearly the lesser of evils. I see Trump screwing up so badly that nobody in his/her right mind would vote for him. He's just beginning to get the confidence to push his advisers aside and follow his instincts, which are, in his favorite terminology, a disaster. I think the hope of a booming economy has been his salvation, but trade wars and inflation will take care of that. He has North Korea, Iran and an increasingly aggressive Russia to deal with, and his new National Security advisor is a hawk who believes in preemptive nuclear strikes. I don't see this as turning out well for him or us, and Stormy Daniels and Mueller are still waiting in the wings ready for their big scenes. But I admit, Trump might pull off another term if the alternatives are Sanders and Warren and the country is still around. So far, I don't see any alternatives, but the election is still a ways off.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

under what scenario will the nightmare be over? no matter what happens, trump will be replaced by a continuing series of corrupt politicians from one of two equally awful political parties.

GeorgeJetStoned, Noserider and Deidre like this.
  7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well aren't you just a ray of fucking sunshine.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my bad. by continuing to vote for the lesser of two evils while shunning anyone who may actually consider doing anything positive for the country, we will totally fix all the world's problems.

6-eyed shaman, Noserider and Meliai like this.
  9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I just don't see democrats as these valiant white knights who are going to rush in and right all the wrongs of the republican party. They are just as corrupt, just in different ways than republicans. We need a new party to rise up with an unbiased candidate (as unbiased as a candidate could be) to really help change things for the better. I'm over the endless pissing contests between democrats and republicans. If only an independent could rise up from the ashes, maybe there'd be change. But, he/she would still have the two parties to deal with, who are over congress, etc.

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't consider the last Democratic president evil at all, let alone the lesser of two.

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

What about electing the bigger of two evils as we did in the last election?

12. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Too bad he didn't do crap about the War on Drugs. But then, neither did Clinton or Carter.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think impeachment begins with having a more Democrat representation in the House. But there are other reasons why it would be nice to have more seats in the House of Representatives.

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Not equally. In the real world, politics isn't a game for angels and saints, but some politicians manage to preserve an impressive amount of integrity. The influence of money in politics as a result of the Supreme Court's Citizens United v. FEC decision makes it hard for politicians to survive without becoming beholden to fat cats. Bernie has done the best job of resisting that and calling for reforms to correct it. To me, Republican John McCain is another outstanding example of a politician who puts the country first.. Too bad he won't be with us much longer. Despite the Republicans' campaign of non-stop vilification, Obama also comes out relatively well. No evidence of pussy grabbing, extramarital affairs with strippers: appointments of corrupt cabinet officials comparable to Pruitt, Carson, and Price; nor continuing to profit from personal investments while in office, including hotels where foreign dignitaries seeking presidential favor can stay in violation of the emoluments clause. There are relatively decent politicians in both parties, but I think the Democrats do a better job in the areas of social justice and environmental protection (Yes, I'm a Social Justice Warrior, and proud of it!). I'm ready for an old-fashioned, boring President along the lines of Bush '41, who was at least relatively honest, patriotic, competent, and experienced, despite deficiencies in the "vision thing".(I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in attributing the recent propensity for patting women's butt's to senility).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  15. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I live in Indiana and can say I agree with what you said. The local news here has been all about the impact on soy bean exports to China. And none want to speak about the bull shit story about the Carrier jobs being prevented from going to Mexico. This would be the last state to go against the Republicans. Indiana was one of two states who went against Roosevelt and the New Deal in 1933. But, people are starting to talk.

16. stormountainman

What do you mean by more seats? Democrat seats or some other kind?

17. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

He was like Dubya in too many ways. Like foreign policy.

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yes, Democrat seats. I'm sorry for not clarifying that.

19. stormountainman

No need to be sorry

20. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Medical marijuana advanced under Dubya. Clinton and Obama didn't do shit (welllll, Clinton did escalate marijuana possession arrests).

21. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The Bush administration was allowing federal raids of dispensaries though. It advanced under his administration because of grass roots and state led efforts, not because of anything his administration actually did

But I mean, otherwise agreed. We need a president willing to come out in full support of legalization and medical research

6-eyed shaman likes this.