If Fuck, Shit And **** Are Neither Colloquial Nor Slang...

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Jimbee68, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

It's a funny thing about the science of grammar. You learn things that you would never suspect are true. Fuck, Shit and **** are unquestionably "vulgar". And you should not use them in polite conversation. But they are technically not Slang. Actually they are not even Colloquial, strictly speaking.

They are actually all hundreds of years old. And one time they were the acceptable words to use. I presume that is why they are technically not even Colloquial.

I guess my question is simply this: could you use that argument in a college class? I haven't taken a college class for some time. But it remains a possibility for me. Now if I used any of those words in a college essay, I'd get docked for grammar for sure. But could I then show my professor my dictionary, and say " hey, it isn't Colloquial nor Slang "?

Tell me soon. I really need to know. And who knows, maybe I am not alone.

:) :) :)

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

So Why Is This In The Science And Technology Forum...???.... Methinks One Of The Many

"Filth Forums" Would Have Been More Appropriate...... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

As I said, grammar is a science. I didn't post this question to offend. We're after all adults here, aren't we :) ?

4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

My tutors regularly swore at me.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Try in an appropriate form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.