I flew today.....

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by stevelivingfree, Dec 23, 2008.

1. stevelivingfree

stevelivingfree Member

Today I took a flight from Vegas to Vancouver.

I made sure I had nothing in my baggage that could be seen by anyone as dangerous......I am just that sort of guy.

I figured I would take a bottle of water with me. Forgive me, air travel makes me thirsty.

I get to security..Its international, I figure I can live with taking my computer out of my bag, I figure the guy looking at me passport and boardng pass are just doing their job.

I take off my shoes, take my laptop out of its bag and turn it on. I submit to xrays and aal sorts of other BS.

Then...they take away my water...Its unopened. I open it in front of them and drink half the bottle. It still goes in the garbage along with the unopened can of coke from the girl in front of me. We cannot even donate to those who need.....

Do I feel safe? Am I safer? They checked my passport a total of five times between check in and getting to my seat. I am assured I am me. But just who the fuck am I?

It scares me....papers. where are your papers.I search because I am told its right? WTF. When did we give away the rights of freedom to the rights of fear? Forget the right to bear arms while the right to bare arms is being stolen. Welcome to the new world order.....papers? where are your papers?

When will YOUR papers no longer be acceptable to me? Whenever the fuck I choose!

2. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

if you're going to fly, you have to do it on their terms...

airports are always lame...i haven't even flown since 9/11 [not for any reason...i just haven't gone anywhere outside of driving range]...it's faster than walking though...and most flights give you free soda/water...

3. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

uhm...certain chemicals when mixed in small quantities can kill a whole plane full of people

say you had 150ml of ammonia, and 150ml of bleach? that would kill a few people for sure...

I almost had my toothpaste taken away! but it was only 90mls! whew!