I can't get drunk anymore

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Americunt, Feb 24, 2018.

1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Film yourself for 20 minutes after taking 4 shots of everclear...post it here and let us be the judge of your sobriety.

Orison likes this.
  2. ClaireCat

ClaireCat Just an Ordinary Girl in an Ordinary World!

I'm the same with certain drinks...I've noticed my body tolerates Vodka and I can drink it like water. But if I start mixing it then im pissed!

Its taken me a LOT of years to know what will get me drunk and what wont!

But my question is........Isn't it nice just to be tipsy rather than paraletic? I know if I drink a bottle of wine or two I am drunk enough to have a great time and have zero hangover.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

If I'm in ketosis, one or two drinks is enough for me. I once had three and had to call in sick to work the next morning because I was too drunk to drive.

If I'm off the keto wagon, I can put an alcoholic frat boy to shame.

Diet plays a big part in the body's ability to regulate alcohol.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My wifey has been getting an intolerance to alcohol and we've experimented and believe it's an allergy so she has obviously cut down her drinking but when she wants to have a few drinks she will take a antihistamine and it seems to cure this alergy and then we can do cocktails. :)

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Don't they say not to mix an antihistamine with alcohol? Isn't it supposed to be very dangerous?

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hmm I haven't read anything. Not sure if I want to now.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I read a memoir about a guy's stint in rehab and he talked about how he would have to take like 7 benadryls before he drank every day because he had a severe allergy to alcohol

He's still alive to tell the tale so I guess the interaction isnt that dangerous

I think I have an alcohol allergy, I can get really bad hangovers off just one or two beers, my hangover starts basically the minute i stop drinking rather than hours later, and I wake up really congested the next day

Oh and one time in high school I drank Smirnoff ice and woke up the next day with my legs covered in a red rash :shudders: never again Smirnoff, never again

Irminsul likes this.
  8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The sedative aspects of alcohol are more prominent for me now, it rarely makes me feel as gregarious and what not as it used to. But I definitely still get intoxicated from it.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i feel like every time anyone says "i drank smirnoff ice," it is preceded by "one time in high school."

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I would be deeply disturbed if I came across anyone older than high school age drinking it, like damn, get your life together dude

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Phew, I'm glad you got something out of that experience. Smirnoff is horrible. :p I

Do you get the bad hangover from just beer? I think beer is the one drink that dehydrates me the quickest and very fast so there's something in it I think that I don't like, or it's just chemicals. And it hits me a lot quicker than anything else too. I don't get the hangover from 2 beers. I'm more a, 6 tall beer kinda gal myself :D but I don't get much of a hangover on any of the spirits.

Mind you I do have gaps when I'm drinking filled with water. Then again.. When I'm out I won't drink water so I don't need the toilet. And then when I'm out I'm more prone to have spirits in a small glass so less liquid, less chance of going to toilet.

There's a whole psychological struggle going on in there when I want to pound away a few drinks. :tearsofjoy:

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

Liquor is what guarantees a hangover for me. Beer doesn't feel great the next day, but it's relatively mild unless I drink a ton of it

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Liquor is guaranteed to make me throw up, I dont even get to the hangover part. I just cant handle it

And two glasses of wine makes me black out drunk

So beer is pretty much my only option. But i've mostly given that up too

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i won't say can't. it would probably be all to easy for me to do so.
    i just have no interest in 'altering' my perfectly functional imagination.

honestly not trying to be a saint, just no effing interest in it.

so why do i associate in my mind, with something that calls itself hip forums?
    because the kind of world we all have to live in, and how we make it so, does.

15. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I can't drink because I get buzzed way too easily. A friend of mine visited from Ireland last year. And I just say the stereotype is true, for him anyway. He nearly killed my girlfriend buying her drinks and she thought she could handle it. I had to keep refusing him because two beers gets me drunk and my stomach gets all uneasy. I don't get the fun buzz or anything. I just feel sick.

idahocowboy likes this.
  16. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Switch to a non alcohol form of altered consciousness......lol

17. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

That's what I did lol I smoke every once in a while as a treat. I did get a few drinks yesterday but I know my limits. If I have some food beforehand I can drink a beer and maybe a cocktail before I feel gross. The only reason was because everyone pressured me to sing karaoke and I couldn't if I wasn't at least buzzed lol

idahocowboy likes this.
  18. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

Oh you're funny, I like you. Of course, nobody can do Karaoke without a little alcohol buzz...LOL LOL

la Principessa likes this.
  19. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I find only beer gives me a good buzz. Rum or vodka has like no buzz, just sober until drunk. I buy the cheap 6% malt stuff and water it down 20%, so it tastes like slightly flat draft. That usually gives a really good buzz.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I haven't and won't have a drink today.
    Nope, it's a cool, clear water type of day.

thethinkingcat likes this.