i am

Discussion in 'The Future' started by themnax, Mar 18, 2006.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i am, not to be overly selfish about it, more interested in everyday life in an eventual post petrolium future, then i am in broad strokes by unseen, or even political and idiological, hands.

i want to talk about breathing the air and drinking the water, about keeping body and soul togather without killing ourselves in order to do so.

about how to create and maintain environmentaly sustainable infrastructure in a world without super power governments.

i want to immagine, not shock and awe, but the singing of birds and the scurrying of little furry creatures in the underbrush beside the path.

to walk gently in awe of the seen and the unseen. not of my words about it, or those of any priesthood or book.

about windmills and water wheels. about solar cells and batteries. and about little people sized trains, just big enough to ride on, or at most in, winding through gardens and forrests, surrounding little hippy shacks and indiginous shelters, instead of acres and acres of dead pavement.

of course i wan't to do more then talk. i want to live there. but sharing dreams is the next best thing to living them.

it may take decades or even centuries before we can expect to be living in such a world. but we can start dreaming and shairing it now.

to me that is what 'future' means; a collective 'project' we are all building.
    not some dire trauma drama we can only witness.

=^^=
    .../\...

2. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Themnax

Cool 'Occam does' [as well, too, also]

The world is what we make it.
    When enough people in the world can all agree at the same time to act on this.
    the true power of the net and world communications evolution will manifest
    This is why occam places much passion in space expansion.
    Not to expand our dominion outwards.
    but to get humanity of the planet and out there where we cant break anything but ourselves.
    Leaving the bioshere to return to its natural glory.
    Occam sees endless barren fields across earth where once mighty forrests
    lived.
    We need to get them back. For every one of us changes in a forrest/wood.
    Take human from their 'office' and plop them down ina raw forrest in nw canada..
    And that person radically changes in thought and attitude.
    This speaks volumes about hind brain/reptile brain/lymbic brain and neocortex.
    Occam suggests it puts those human brains in ballance.

O