I am not gay either

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by matthew, Jul 14, 2004.

1. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

And have not kissed any blokes for even a minute..this is not what i want too ask/talk about though.
    I was just wondering ... you can chastise my stupidity and narrow mindedness as much as you like .... i don't mind..Anyway i was just wondering what bisexuals were actualy looking for ... merely love of another human being i think.

I took a choice too look at just one side of that and i am happy.

If you have feelings for both men and women .... do you crave/miss the opposite sex that your with at that time (say you with a man you would miss women).. could you be satisfied with just having one person (either male or female).

I suppose it depends on if you are ultimatly looking for a 'life partner' or just wish too see how things are from relationship to relationship.

Help me out / fill me in / tear me a new one / shake your head at my shameful question .

Its a bit of a 'random thought' but i am hoping more people may hopefuly respond here..

2. Bonky

Bonky Member

i don't miss the other sex while i'm in a relationship with who ever ( m or f) i would say that i fall for person not for sex. in a past few years only girls, though ... [​IMG]

3. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Like bonky, I focus on the person rather than their gender. If I'm with someone, then they are what matters to me. It's not about what's between the legs, but what's between the ears that I pay attention to.

I'm only speaking for myself, but from what I've observed, it seems like those who are on either one side or the other of the scale tend to put a lot of emphasis on gender, whereas a good portion of bisexuals disregard that aspect of physical sexuality in favor of the psychological aspect of it. Again, this is only my personal thoughts and I don't claim to speak for anyone other than myself. But I'm curious if any other bi folks agree with me.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  4. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Yeh I agree with you there monosphere...

Bisexuals can get misunderstood by Gay people and Straight people.

Personally I probably prefer boys physically but would not close my mind to love in whatever shape or form it came.

... and yes i agree that whilst you are in love you dont want to be with anyone else regardless of gender.

Love Clairexxx

5. MinneBi

MinneBi Bloody Hell Bonkers

Well I won't lie. I do get attracted to a person by appearances. That will grab my attention. But what will keep my attention is their personality, humour, and all that. I tend to be more drawn to men than women, but a good looking woman will give me whiplash from looking so hard. I'm drawn to average women, not so much the stunningly beautiful, but the absolute average. That goes for men too, I suppose. As to the sex, I don't care if they have a hole or a pole, it's only a small part of the relationship anyway. True, it's the most fun, but there's more to a relationship than just sex.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  6. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Hand up ... i am guilty.

I used too think bi - sexuals were being greedy ... thats a stupid thing too think , i know. :&

Anyway thanks for taking my question with the sincerity it was meant:)

7. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

I can only speak for myself from my experience, mind you. I am married to a wonderful woman for 15 years now. We are about on track for couples who have been together & have a 5 year old sex wise. During a good period of this time I repressed my desire for men for the most part. I would have a tryst or two a year typically. For whatever reason last year I found that I couldn't hold it back as much as I did. I still love her & I still want her sexually I just need male partners too. There are things that she just isn't equiped to do. If you have read my earlier messages they should be obvious. ;)

When I'm with a man or a woman & we are in the midst of playing I'm not much thinking "Gee I wish the other gender was here right now" That isn't to say that I would turn down that kind of thing if the situation arose it's just that I am busy with who I am with at that point.

Walking down the street I am attracted to both genders & I'll admit it is physical attraction at that point. That is pretty normal, I think.

I have a good friend who is a woman, we cycle together & occassionally go to lunch but we never have played sexually. She told me early on that she wouldn't do that with a married man. Somewhat because of that & also somewhat because I'm bi we have what may be closer to a girlfriends relationship. If either of us see a good looking guy we will bring it up to the other. She has brought my attention to women once in a while which is interesting as I know she is hetero. When I'm with my wife we have done that too but her personallity isn't condusive to that kind of banter really, so it is less.

Last Summer I had a heavy whirlwind relationship with another bi man. He is mostly gay but has had an occassional relationship , including being married for a while, with women. We mostly talked about other guys we saw but once or twice there was a woman who sparked our interest.

Does that answer your question? If not let me know. I'll be glad to write more.

8. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

i dont consider my self bisexual, never been wit another man, but i wouldnt pass it up had the chance pass by, its the person not the penis or vagina

9. Claire

Claire Senior Member

That seems more typical to an open relationship rather than a typical bisexual persons experience?.... Or maybe I'm wrong:)

Thanks for your openess though.

Love Clairexxxx

10. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

I'm sure you are correct about the open relationship thing. There is no other way of describing it. Perhaps polyamourous but I don't have a steady guy.

There is no denying that I am bi though. That is what I was trying to say. I maybe went into so much detail that it clouded the meanings. I tend to attempt to paint big pictures with my words as I go. Sometimes that gets to be too much.

In more simple terms I love my wife, she & I are my central relationship. I also love but am broken up with my ex boyfriend. If another male came around that I connected with like I did with him I would certainly make a relationship with that man. I have to admit that if another woman & I connected & we could get together I would do the same.. Now you see where I get the poly from?
    Damn, I'm overcomplicating again but this is really how I feel.

Maybe even more simply. I get turned on by both sexes & feel very capable of loving the person regardless of gender.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  11. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Whereas I'm a monogamous bisexual. Yes, we do exist.

12. MinneBi

I've always thought of my self as monogamous. but I also don't just jump into a relationship nilly willy. If I'm willing to make that committment to a partner, then it's up to me to remain faithful. If I don't make the committment to one person, though, I see nothing wrong with having more than one partner. As long as safe sex is practiced. That's a bit of a no brainer...

13. butterfly

butterfly Member

When you're with one woman, do you miss other women that you've been with? For the most part, we don't really see it as man OR woman, it's just that person, gender irrelevant.

14. MinneBi

Yes I do miss other women that I've been with. I was in a relationship with a woman for about 8 months. It ended about 5 years ago, but I still miss her. She was gorgeous and luscious all at the same time.

15. Addicted2MEN

Addicted2MEN New Member

Men for me, mature men that is. I live a mans grey hair. Nice hairy chests, hairy arms, legs and of coarse the "area"!

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

For Gods Sake This Thread Is Nearly 14 Years Old......Methinks It's High Time To "Get A Life" Sunshine.....:rage:

Cheers Glen.