How you practice

Discussion in 'Animism' started by Devin, Jun 25, 2006.

1. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

I try to spend as much time as possible outdoors. I feed birds, squirrels, chipmunks and other critters all year long and deer in winter. I live on a lake surrounded by forest and am learning to take care of the trees, plants and flowers on my land.

The more I study them all, the more connected I feel to the planet and what lies beyond.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's no particular thing i could call practice, other then simply to respect the connectedness of all things and that we are just another among them and not the reason for their existence.

3. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

you practice, by trying to be considerate of all things, regardless of species.
    this isn't some ritual mumbo jumbo thing.
    different cultures have different kinds of doctors of these things.
    i'm not saying there's anything wrong with having different kinds of ritual celebrations, according to your culture, or even inventing one.
    but recognizing that everything has the same integrity of its existence
    to be considerate of, that is the one universally basic thing.

1 person likes this.
  5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

^^Yes.

Sometimes if you strain after a thing, you can actually push it further away. Often when things do come, they come unbidden, out of the blue.

All the techniques are only means to open up consciousness. Whatever works for you is good.

1 person likes this.
  6. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

After a very long, very cold, very white, very icy winter, I am very grateful for Spring's arrival. The ice is finally out of the lake and the loons, geese, ducks and gulls have returned. Every day new birds arrive on their way north, or to settle here for the summer. The first hummingbird arrived on the 6th. A groundhog poked his head out of the front yard today. Moths and gnats clutser around outside lights and yeah...the black flies and skitters are starting up.

Gotta take the bad with the good. ;)

I am grateful to once again be part of the beginning of another year.