How old were you when you had your first child?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by feministhippy, Jan 12, 2005.

1. raejustrae

raejustrae Member

I'll be 18 when i have mine. c: i just confirmed today i'm pregnant! i'm about 3 weeks along.

2. emisue

emisue Member

I was nineteen when I had my first. Now I'm 24 and I have three.

3. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I don't have kids yet, but my parents were older when they had me. My mom was 36 and my dad was in his early 40s. They still had another kid 2 years later too! They didn't plan it that way though.

I dont mind having older parents. They got their lives in order first and by the time they raised me they were very financially stable. Their age never kept them from doing things with us either. In fact, we do more stuff together as a family than most people I know.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

My parents werent old, 20/21

But my paternal granparents were, 38/36 when they had my dad, so 68/66 when I was born

They were gross as a kid

Every one should have kids at 20, so no little dudes, dudettes have to have have crusty smelly 70 something grandparents

Note: They didnt look like Shale or Old tiger, they looked like average everyday 70 somethings

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dammit, edit, not quote

See how upset i am about this

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I bought my dog when I was 27. :)

7. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

My wrinkly almost 80 year old grandmother always smelled like flowers and fancy lotion, so I'm not sure age has much to do with it...

8. I had my daughter at 18, and I just turned 21 a few months ago. It was a scary journey, but one that was worth it all in the end. Things are still tough with working, having free time, and being there as a husband and father, but I wouldnt trade it.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I got my puppy when I was 27. :)
    Oh, I'd already said that. :d

10. WillowHill

WillowHill Members

I was 18.

It's easy, Grandma is alive and well to help, my health is well, I have energy and happiness still.

But Its scary. I'm still in college so I have no established career. I also, am a free spirited weirdo who doesn't get the whole "proper manners thing".

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Not Going To Go Back And Check If I Made A Previous Post.

No Kids Here During My Fertile Years, Just Lots Of Cats...... :daisy: .

Cheers Glen.

12. Arlene Foxy

Arlene Foxy Members

Had my first at 17. Second at 21. Third at 25. I probably would've waited for my first because I got pregnant from irresponsible school sex. But I wouldn't change that. I love my kids. The guy who made me pregnant married me.

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I had turned 27 yrs old in October and had my son in November. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  14. SinaJolenw

SinaJolenw Members

I was 16.

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

At 48 years old I haven't had kids yet but I haven't given up hope. My mother's first cousin didn't have kids until he was in his 60s. He was quite a character; he married a Russian girl he worked with that was half his age.

1 person likes this.
  16. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I'm hoping to get my first cat when I turn 28.

17. SingleMomSteph

SingleMomSteph Members

I was 15. And yess, I know Ive been early. But noo, I dont regret anything!

18. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Had my first at age 30, then 32, 42, 45 (wife 2 years younger) and my 5th at age 55 (wife a lot younger).
    Still hoping for one or two more (gf more likely as mom now).

19. Lady L

Lady L Banned

Well I was 41 and had my second at almost 45! Both happy and healthy kids. I had no trouble at all in conceiving.

20. Perfect Disorder

Perfect Disorder Paradoxically Spontaneous

I was 21 and my wife 20 with our first 23 and 22 our second and 25 and 24 our third. We should have waited. Not only were we too damn young with our first two but the story's complications were too much for our young minds to handle. Brief summary for those who haven't read my thread on the subject. First two were lost and incurable genetic disease discovered in the third.

However that us not to imply the same rules for all. Bearing life into this world is dependent upon many factors. State of mind, state of living, state of spirit, etc. Listen to your innermost self only it can determine your readiness

1 person likes this.