How Much Art Do You Have In Your House?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Ashalicious, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I;ve never heard this song in my life.....

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

oh, yeah...there was one small painting she and I collaborated on of a deer eating in the snow....that is a favorite too for sentimental reasons.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ashalicious

I am so sorry for your loss. I have much respect for people who have lost a parent. I can't imagine losing a parent, while I understand it will happen one day, the level of inner strength it takes to process the hurt and sadness you must feel...much respect to you.

I'd love to see some of the paintings your mom did, if you are able to post them.

1 person likes this.
  4. Moonglow181

awhhh....thank you.......yes...sure...might take a few days to dig them out of a box I have...... I put them in there for safe keeping..... :)

1 person likes this.
  5. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I have mostly family photos on my wall. I have a collage of 40 black and white photos of ancestors ranging in size from 11x14 down to 4x6 above my couch.

I have a few of my own paintings that I've done around the house.

I have a painting that my best friends daughter made for me when she was in high school.

My favorite is probably the pencil drawing my sister did for me of Bettie Page one year for my birthday. It took me 30 years to get her to draw something for me.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Ashalicious

Cool, I'd LOVE to see them..

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

She's actually kinda chained to the disc in the back too :D and she has a leash and the face is actually really photo realism and to me, it reminds me of a young Britney Spears.

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've started a border of family photos all around the inside of my rooms. Nothing hangs below 24 inches.

The rest is art my kids and grandkids have done; plus some collections of crystals in shadow boxes; little shelves here and there with curious little statues and trinkets on them; some staffs and wands I've made...just personal eclectic kind of stuff.

9. Ashalicious

All I can think is how this would make a beautiful statue. Can you imagine?

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't think i have any art here, unless you're counting music. i've looked for decorative art before, but i've found that most any decoration that isn't a cheesy poster is prohibitively expensive. who has $200 to spend on an 8" by 10" painting?

11. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

we only have one piece of art - a pretty cool painting that a friend gave to us as a wedding gift.

holy shit, this painting is awesome! i saw this about a decade ago when my wife and i had first started dating. it was winter break and i went to visit her for a week in NJ...i took a few hits of acid. one night at her friends, i busted those out and handed them out to the willing participants. once my trip kicked in, i found myself staring at this painting in a room with a fireplace.

the painting is so fuckin freaky!

edit - maybe it wasn't this exact same painting. i SWEAR that when you looked close, the characters were doing some disturbing things. like look in the bottom right corner, the one on the other's back like that...

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

only a shepherd painting and my axe murder friends painting whom ironically is named shepherd too..

13. Moonglow181

Ruby, your Bettie Page drawing is awesome....

Ash, as promised...a few of my mom's pieces....I have more than 5 come to find out. She did not waste paper and painted on the backs of some of them as well.....and there were a couple of others i had forgotten about....It has been too painful for me to revisit all this things....so your thread has forced me to....here are a few of her watercolors I mentioned.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Moonglow181

Oil painting of Joan of Ark...her only oil and happy doo dad I painted for her among her things....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. Ashalicious

WOW, thank you so much for taking the time to dig out these paintings and post pictures of them. They are all simply beautiful in their own way. I love the dancers very much, it reminds me of feeling really zen at yoga, relaxed and centered. The energy of this painting is so positive and refreshing.

I also really like the flower painting you posted. Very fun and high energy.

1 person likes this.
  16. Moonglow181

Thank you.... :)

Thank you for asking....I liked the emotion movement one, too.....

17. modeve

modeve Members

I have three nude portraits in my bedroom.

18. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I only have one piece of art which is a crayon drawing produced by my two year old nephew. I'm planning to build a picture frame for it.

19. Seekerofbalance

Seekerofbalance Members

One of my favorites is a photo of a white lily! The light that hits it is just spectacular.

20. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Not a whole lot right now because I'm too broke to buy. My gf has two paintings, one of them is a super realistic Disney themed painting, and another one of a naked lady by a lake which is actually more tasteful than it sounds, then we each have a painting done by our friend who does custom pop art paintings. He's really good and he gave us a discount.

My mom is also an artist but where we live now we don't have space for more art. Most of her canvasses are huge but I love her work. Hopefully when we have a place with more wall space I can take one and hang it up.