How Many Of You Actually Want Kids?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Konvikt, Feb 13, 2017.

?

Do you want to start a family?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  3. I cant make up my mind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of my own, would adopt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I prefer doge/cat

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I can't imagine having the financial resources to have 9 children these days. Obviously that depends on where you live and how thrifty you are, or what standard of living you expect. I came from a big family, and it definitely has it's benefits and limitations.

2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

As long as they're not alone and have plenty of space it is not so bad. Otherwise you have not saved them, you have prolonged their suffering, or at best their life of boredom :p

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They binky. Binkies are good. Binkies mean rabbits are happy.
    Binky is sudden sporadic jumping. When they hop around and binky, they are happy. :) there's a lot more I want to do for them like get my next huge pen up and running. It'll be almost 5x the size of what they have now it's insane.

I've also though of digging trenches into the ground and having like, pvc pipe underneath for burrows, but I probably can't go that extravagant.

5. Asmodean

Pens sound good indeed. Here a lot of them are kept in too small areas. And often as a sole pet. Not good. It also often makes me sad looking at a shetland pony spending its days alone in a pasture. I know they're social animals. It's so easy to make their life a bit more fun.

But because this strays away from the actual thread topic I will add: I rather keep rabbits than have children anyday. As eating children is still frowned upon :-D

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Not A Good Idea......Bones Are Too Small And Get Caught Between Your Teeth...... :D

Cheers Glen.

7. Asmodean

Says the master chicken consumer :p

8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

When I first went to Italy as a teenager, I remember being a bit surprised that at the one place we stayed they bred rabbits in captivity for the table. They did have a nice clean and large place to live, but I suppose I was conditioned to think of them as pets. People here do eat rabbit - not much these days - and only the wild ones.
    I've eaten it but can't say I like it much.
    Better in a stew or casserole than roasted.

In 1953 myxomatosis was introduced to the UK, which killed off most of the rabbits. They're recovering now, but still see the occasional rabbit with the disease which isn't a pretty sight. I've had to put one or two out of their misery in the past. Also seen dogs eat infected rabbits, puke it up, then another dog eat the puke only to puke in turn.

Poor bunnies.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

N'aww. So the wooden hutch was my original and I just thought it too small and it is. It's terrible. They can't bounce or anything and this was a sizable hutch so I'm livid and disgusted by the smaller ones people buy.

After a week or two we had the bunnies (not these ones) running in the house and they loved it, but the damage they'd do was too much so I needed them outside but I knew I'd be taking away their freedom and space. So I added the cage around it. It doubled the size and allowed for a more open area free of wire. Before long I put a pergola roof over it also. I think made another pen about the same size and covered it in shade cloth, cut open a hole in both pens and insert a PVC pipe so they could hop into both.

So they've got two pens, 3x size of a hutch.

I'm still not content though. I've made the base of my next pen. It's something like 3mx2m which doesn't sound like a lot, but it really is. Actually it might be larger. I just haven't decided what I'm going to encase around it as the cage. That + labor and I dunno what I'm doing lol.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

That said,I would consider having a child If I didn't have to live as a family unit 24/7. Like if me and the mother could have two bases to work from,one for me with a studio and one for her and the child. I would visit often and support,sometimes stay over. I'm just too used to my own space and independence to be a conventional father.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Easy enough to say now but if you were to become a parent you might find you want to spend every free second with your child

Or not, some people just lack a paternal/maternal instinct as evidenced by the number of children neglected by one or both parents around the world. Better to recognize that in yourself before you have kids for sure. So many just carelessly have kids then figure out they're not cut out for it
    I have respect for people who recognize that in themselves and choose not to have children

2 people like this.
  13. Scratched

Scratched Members

I always wanted more kids, but only had one...of my own...had to put up with two other clowns. But mine is everything to me. We've been through some rough times with the other half of the family, outside people decided to mess up my marriage.
    They will pay one day...it's been hard on my kid but now she totally understands and is solid with it. We're tough and we will make it.

We will move when she finishes school, we've planned it between ourselves. A change of scenery is needed, thanks to the "parasites".
    But it's okay, our lives will be free then. And we deserve it. At this point, my one is good enough for me. I'm cut and ready to enjoy the Roaring Fifties!!

I look forward to her having kids, if she wants them. I get the impression she doesn't, and that's okay. One never knows, she might change her mind later.

14. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

I despise children with a deep, burning passion. They are the most demonic little things you'll ever encounter. Because of this mindset, I realized long ago that I would be one terrible dad. I would not be up to the task of raising the damn things, I would be constantly irritated with their immature, obnoxious natures, and probably end up absolutely despising them. I dare anyone to tell me that would be a great dad.

15. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

I'll have a kid with someone if I meet the right person and if I honestly see that person in my life down the road. I don't want to have a kid with someone if they just care for me or if it was by mistake. I've always been picky when it came to relationships. Not sure why that is either. Sometimes things don't need to be explained. If I don't have a kid though, I doubt it'll depress me or anything. In the end I'll probably just end up getting a cat and own a aquarium which I've always wanted. Not the type of person to rush into things, I usually take my time when it comes to commitment.

16. IAmMaxieHearMeRoar

IAmMaxieHearMeRoar Maxie Lee Courtland-Colton

Me! My wife and I are currently discussing children.

17. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

I was tricked into her getting pregnant and wanted an abortion. I never wanted a kid or any family ever. Free and easy was my life. Now my son is 33 and very conservative and I am extremely liberal. We almost don't talk at all but thats fine with me.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Depends who with. :)

mysticblu21 likes this.
  19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Having kids was the best thing ever for me. I was a drunken, dangerous , stupid human being. Took numerous hits of acid, began much reflection and over the years after----realized that in order to cancel out my shitty so-called family--had to have one of my own. for correction.

Result: Correction successful. I have created some fine human beings , some fine grand children human beings---and ALL is well.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  20. Rehab44

Rehab44 Members

I really don’t mind children but I don’t think I could eat a whole one.

unfocusedanakin and scratcho like this.