How many is too many?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by fraggle_rock, Apr 8, 2014.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

Didn't you say you were married for 30 years?
    She didn't contribute?
    Typical man! And I liked your posts till then!

2. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

So many good posts, I want to 'like' them all, but the forum won't let me.
    Good one morrow!

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

There's a difference between cheating and being polygamous. Although it is not impossible at all it seems not that easy to be polygamous without being completely honest. Seems he was criticizing the lack of honesty (seems not an 'unhippy' thing to do :p if we would have to portray it in such a way). Seems you take that kind of criticism as an attack and respond to it by putting it like he's coming from a certain set of values/perspective (supposedly a narrowminded white christian one), while actually most people, even polygamous ones, have a problem with dishonesty and being cheated upon.

Mickle likes this.
  4. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

You may be right Asmo, but he hasn't come back to say yay or nay.
    But not sure I would class white Christian morality as 'narrowminded', it just isn't very 'alternative', and this is supposedly an alternative lifestyle forum.
    I certainly don't want my wife to tell me she's off out to have sex with one of her class mates, too much information, better for her to say 'off out to study darling'. Then we're both OK with it.

5. Asmodean

Why would he. It is pretty clear.

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Well If She's Already Had Sex With Between 1000 And 3000 Dicks.....What Does One More Matter......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

7. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I know quite a lot of Australian guys over here, and most of them freely admit to getting almost no sex in Australia (with someone else in the room).
    Hows that working for you Glen?

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

BULLSHIT........[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

And this is relevant why? I mean Glenglen's sex life.

Glenglen is different.
    Lol lol lol he doesn't get laid.

Yeah, that type of thinking is not narrow-minded at all.

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

You'd rather accept lies than to hear she's out fucking some other dude.
    How is that alternative, you're such a husband.

11. Asmodean

Look, if a guy and his partner both talk about a situation like this and both agree they prefer not to bother each other with the details that is fine. But putting it like it is the best thing for every other person too is unfortunately bogus. Most others seem to prefer to be kept in the loop about their partners sexcapades and frankly that seems quite understandable. Which leads me to the conclusion:

Ever considered that even among 'alternative people' (rolls eyes) you and your partner may be an exception (or at least part of a minority) with this?

edit: spelling

12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I'm a serial monogamist, so I want someone who also feels that way. Relationships and not just meaningless sex. So if their number is like 30 I can't imagine that they've had relationships with every one of them. It would be discussed though. I don't see it as judgment. I just need to make sure we have the same values so I don't waste my time.

13. Asmodean

I guess i could be defined as a serial monogamist as well (sounds dangerous though) :p
    But I don't insist the person im in a relationship with had the same sexual values as me in the past. I agree it helps they have at least roughly the same values at the time we're together.To the extent it's actually important. But before me: would depend on the details. If everything else is cool it could be I wouldn't mind if lets say half of the 30 people she slept with were one night stands for example.

14. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

I have had 30 sex partners over 47 years. Probably more since the past is fading away and was lived in a haze of drug induced pleasure and group sex. I prefer girls with experience. Does not matter how much. The two girls I had sex with that had little experience, were not good at it at all. They both laid there and just let me do things to them while sweating from nerves.

Some guys get hung up on having to be the first or that their girlfriend had many lovers and is comparing their penis and performance to ex boyfriends. Physically it does not matter how much she had sex. It only will benefit you. What is more important is that if you want a monogamous relationship, she can accept it and live it. There is no magic number that turns a good girl into a slut. That is very subjective. I never asked and they never discussed previous lovers. I just never cared. I tend to view sex as a normal human activity and we are genetically inclined to spread our seeds and eggs as far as we can. Sex and monogamy is a social construct of society and religion to bring order to the world.

My wife and I were nonmonogamous and we shared the same girlfriend who lived with us. Plus a little group sex together was fun at times. We do not view sex as many others do. To us, the more orgasms, the better.

letsstaywarm likes this.
  15. Vanessa94

Vanessa94 Members

There is no too many... you only live once so have fun :)

Joshua Van, Mickle, bry75 and 2 others like this.
  16. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

I'm sitting here waiting for fun... day after day, after day! LOL

Fun anyone?

17. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Sexual partners? I would be more concerned about too few than too many. I want someone sexually confident and experienced.

But, as others have said, it's the number of relationship partners that's important. If they're jumping from relationship to relationship, expect major drama coming your way.

Mickle and Vanessa94 like this.
  18. Treach_27

Treach_27 Members

don't think there is a limit. how many people you slept with prior to the next relationship should not matter as long you were honest with the last person on your intentions.

19. Treach_27

Treach_27 Members

you are so correct. how would want someone that has no experience.

20. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I think if the relationships are legit then I guess as many as it takes to find "the one". I don't look to meet women for one night stands but I've dated around a lot, months and months at a time to give it fair chance and then for me so far nothing has worked out for the long haul... so I say if it's genuine there isn't really a number.