How many is too many?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by fraggle_rock, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If you have to ask yourself if you've been in too many relationships then you've probably been in too many relationships.

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so only white christians refrain from lying to their partners? glad i'm not black. and it kind of makes me want to go to church.

1 person likes this.
  3. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Most likely I would know more about the guy before knowing how many sexual partners he had. So, the other information would be the deciding factor of how I react to his number of sexual partners. To be honest, though... even if I was to react illy... I still would go out with him. I'm deperate when it comes to guys. I'll take anything, even if I don't really like the guy at all. It's the curse of being ugly. You can't be choosy, lol. But, it's fine I always find something I like in a guy even if I don't really like him.

4. John1234567

John1234567 Members

I got that beat. I am short, hairy and asian. Still got lots of takers before my wife lost her mind and married me

5. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I don't think 'the truth' is all that important. Your government never tells 'the truth', nor does your employer (your job is safe) or your parents (Santa and God are real). Why would you expect it from your current sexual partner?
    I like being told, I'm the only one for her, I still look young, slim and hansum, and I'm really good in bed.
    That makes me far happier than 'the truth'.

Joshua Van likes this.
  6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah, as long as no one talks about it, because that would just be very rude and impolite.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

That's cool and all that, but some people don't like being lied to. Especially by the person they chose to spend their life with, their partner, who is the one person they should be able to trust.

8. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I was going to give you a 'like' but I've run out. Now you're getting it, a good and healthy life is a polite life.
    And the impolite tend to get knifed or shot in SEA.

9. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

You think you can trust your partner?
    Statistically you are more likely to lose your assets (and life) to a sex partner, than to a burglar or mugger (or other criminal type).
    Current divorce rate is around 50%, good luck holding onto your house, car, savings and pension. (and let's hope your state doesn't award alimony, that risks your freedom these days)
    I lost around $1,000,000 in my last divorce, and her financial contribution had been ZERO.
    Robin Williams lost around $30,000,000 in his 2-3 divorces and his life.

Trust a sexual partner? ........ not me! (anymore)

But I do agree with your 'should be able to trust'. Shame it don't work like that.

Joshua Van likes this.
  10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

A good and healthy life isn't one based on lies, but whatever works for you

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Don't Tell Us Your Problems.......You Are The One Who Chose To Make All His Money In The West.......Then Move To A Third World

Country........As The Old Saying Goes......." You Made Your Bed....You Lye In It"...... :sleeping:

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It's cool because he can lie to himself that beautiful Philippine women like him
    The truth is, they don't. They're just very poor and desperate.
    And it's all very sad and fake, if you want my opinion (which you probably don't xD )

3 people like this.
  13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

But as long as we're all polite on the outside!!! <3 :)

14. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

And as your Thomas Jefferson said, 'Freedom isn't free, it's paid for in blood"

15. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

YOUR thomas jefferson?

16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

We Don't Have A Thomas Jefferson Here.......Had You Taken The Time To Read My Avater You Would Have Seen That

I Live In AUSTRALIA.....Not In The USA....... :)

Cheers Glen.

17. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Happy to read your opinions, although they aren't very hippy or alternative.
    But just to square things up, my former English wife in the UK didn't like me very much either, at the end she claimed to have hated me for 20 years, and I was married to her for 30 years.
    And she wasn't polite either.

If I have two choices, 1) live alone, or 2) live with a woman who pretends to like me.
    I'll take option 2) every time and I'm OK with that. (alternative lifestyle)

PS
    Wife is Thai, doesn't like me all that much, but our children do.
    Girlfriend is Filipino, does appear to like me, no idea why, life is strange.

18. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Bad Luck.
    I love the USA and the people, but Australia, most expensive country in the Western world, as far as I can tell.

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

And What Happens When Your Money Runs Out..........Methinks A Sad Old Man Living In The Gutter....... :)

Cheers Glen.

20. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I only have a pension, paid every month, if it runs out early one month, it's not all that hard to wait until the 1st.
    (Previous English wife got all the other assets)

As for the future, I'm 60, don't know anyone that's made it to 70 that has a life I'd consider worth living (i'll give the Zimmer frame a miss thanks).
    Another 5 would be enough, but I have no plans to live forever (one more kid would be good).