How Good A Player Are You

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Mallyboppa, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Compared with this 8 Yr old girl ?
    http://youtu.be/RgkfvVxPVa0

2. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

I have been playing guitar for about 50 years. I would say say compared to this child prodigy I would give myself a D- !! :)

3. billaone

billaone Members

I tryed to learn play guitar, but nothing succeeded. I'm just good listener in music

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I played the piano and the violin in an orchestra in my younger days, Sadly I gave it up, something that I have always regretted.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I can play some fake virtuoso shit, but to be honest I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing.

7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I play like a god , but don't need adoration and sometimes I get mad for getting it .

8. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

It is not me that is great, (and I am an average player) but the guitar that is great. It is the potentiality for sound creation that is great. There is way too much ego in contemporary popular music. Most of this has nothing to do with music. Study timbre. Study style. Find a new grove and find your own groove. (Note to self.)

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I'm down to 3-string guitar , so it's tuned DAD . Someday I'll repair the bridge . Infrastructure
    is not a huge concern nor any longer a study . As for children's music , I enjoy it purely original
    from children and have no care for trained monkey tricks .

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Mallyboppa likes this.
  11. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

I was good enough to audition for Graham Bonnet ( former singer for Richie Blackmore' Rainbow ) when he was going to reform Alcatrazz, but instead, he went to off to join Chris Impelitari, due to the advice of his management.
    He like the way I faithfully played Steve Vai's and Yngwie Malmsteen's material .