Hooman Falls From Space

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by tikoo, Feb 21, 2018.

1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Technology denied .

By choosing nuclear weapons over a light-speed space-drive , we may not personally advance as colonizers . No where . No how . Any wish to do so is blocked . Consensus is required . Hooman is not supreme . Yet ,
    by this we may also understand nuclear war is an impossibility . Very strange .

Asmodean likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I see.

No.

Not really.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Light speed is impossible to achieve.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

unless you are light

wilsjane, Asmodean and Tyrsonswood like this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I was just gonna say this...

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Does light actually travel? I mean I've never seen a light just get up and go places. And just because I can see light at the end of a tunnel, who's to say really, that it's travelling down the tunnel? Because it's kinda just like, sitting there.. Not travelling. And if light did travel then why does it stop? Isn't the definition of travelling to actually travel and move? Yet it phases itself out over distance, because it's a lazy ****.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yes

its been proven to travel ...light also bends

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh, well in a coke bottle sure, I could make a straw bend in one.

I can also make a pen or pencil bend. :p

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

This could have to do with the speed it travels at. I think there's a term for it... ;)

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

The Ferengi would never say hyooman because that implies a senseless quest , Hooman
    (hoo-mahn) .When light bends in a circle , what do we see ? Hum , someone says the snake
    is swallowing its tail .

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    BeatinFeet69 and Asmodean like this.
  12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Perhaps I think morality is progressive via evolution . Science is repressed relative to imagination ,
    its practical limit being morality . This morality a measure of holistic survival - life goes on and
    prospers as positive change - as life is motion .

13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The limit of human intelligence is a lack of any real comprehension of infinity. It cannot even be called a hypothesis, since their is either nothing or an infinite number of things to hypothesize about. In human terms, trying to answer the unanswerable should be defined as the shortest route to the 'funny farm'.

14. wilsjane

I think that you have been reading too many books about Freemasonry and its possible connections to interstitial intelligence .

15. wilsjane

These new LED lamps are flying out of the Chinese factories faster than their little hands can make then. LMAO

16. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

You tinker mistakenly ... I read my existence and as an observer . There is no book . Should I compose one , it will
    be for children - and I'll refuse to be taken seriously even if as though that may happen .

Advances in tech may well come from extreme free thinking . Immorality may be so free . morality may be so freeeeee .
    The practical measure of eee is peace and love . Science , not being a philosophy , is directed by philosophy . I advocate
    for Relationalism . Within this is the reason for why our world has not seen nuclear annihilation and never will .

17. bowl_of_raspberries

bowl_of_raspberries Member

This assumes it's possible to create a "warp drive". Supposedly the speed of light can't be exceeded because "c" (the speed of light) is one and the same with the speed of causality. But maybe it's possible to create some technology that alters the laws of causality. Who knows.

18. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

I was going to say that too! and then that! and now this!

19. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Damn you beat me to it. Was just about to say that a Ferengi should be proud of the way we run society these days. After all Rule of Acquisition #10 states

Greed is eternal

And #34 of course
    War is good for business

20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

When an electromagnetic photon travels in a circular orbit, we call it an electron. Atoms and the matter that make up everything could not exist without it.