Hip Forums 4.0 Coming!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by skip, Jun 15, 2015.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

what a pretty shade of blue :)

2. 0uthab0x

0uthab0x Members

It's pretty cool , I haven't checked it all out. Are the colors and templates the only change ?

3. AceK

fuck it why not just make it like 4chan 4.0 :p

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

4chan is not good!!

Some of the stuff I saw there the one time I visited was quite disturbing!! (I hadnt been back since)

5. AceK

i love /pol/ ... we need a forum like that here ;)

6. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Could we get sounds back in chat?
    Specifically the *slap*

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

break break break one check check ..... p,p,p,p,p, ..I'm the king of rock, there is none higher. Sucker MC's should call me sire. .

8. ObiJuan

ObiJuan Members

Is there more to the update than blue text?

1 person likes this.
  9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

youre breaking a rule

1 person likes this.
  10. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

it would be nice if i coulod upload any image i want without it telling me the image is too large or i ran out of space...I could have more then 2 pictures in my gallery

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Make the images smaller?

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Love the added blue color!

13. ObiJuan

ObiJuan Members

Could we get a moderator for the chatroom. It's always infested with trolls

14. AceK

blue is one of my favorite colors

15. slaveofthesystem

slaveofthesystem Members

CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator. Skip please HELP ME. Today I get this msg. For last couple days I've been getting #10227. Only been here a few days already LOVE the site but I'm EXTREMELY BUMMED about my inability to use the functions. Please please please help. In case I can't use the site to get a msg from you my email is absoluteservicescompany@gmail.com.

16. AceK

I say we should focus on getting SSL configured with a valid certificate, so we can all use secure authentication. Also, less restrictive IP blacklists, and instead temp bans on IPs that abuse the server, with fail2ban or something similar where if an IP makes too many bad requests in a short time span, temp ban it, thus thwarting the attack (this doesn't include users who are banned for poor conduct or violating the rules, we should still be able to ban their IP addresses, permanently if deemed necessary). Permanent bans on IP blocks aren't very useful anyway, if someone wanted to DOS the site they'd probably just randomize their IPs.

Otherwise I think the interface is mostly fine, besides a few "features" that are somewhat ambiguous and might "seem like bugs". Something more reddit like might be cool, but we already have reddit and I'm pretty much fine with the way it is now.

1 person likes this.
  17. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Why??

There is nothing private on this site,NO REASON TO HAVE ONLY SSL HERE!!!!

Yes if you wanna use SSL maybe it can be enabled but to FORCE SSL is just asking for problems ESPECIALLY ON A SITE WHERE ITS NOT NEEDED!

18. AceK

okay .. but you still have to authenticate, with no ssl that's being sent as clear text. so hopefully no one is reusing creds here that they use to autheticate other accounts they have. There's also cookie stealing, session hijacking and such things like that. SSL doesn't solve all problems, but there's no good reason not to have encypted auth.

sure, i suppose you could still implement a redirect to the page on port 80 to maintain support for browsers with no SSL support ;)

19. AceK

Some times I have problems on this site with some of the youtube embed-player widget thingies just showing up as black squares. I just recently began having this problem, and it seems to only happen for links that are https://..., http:// seems to display fine.

I have no trouble with youtube videos on other sites https or not. Not sure if it's some of the plugins I have installed or all the hacks I've done and the youtube, just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this problem?

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I always delete the "s".