hey coffee lovers

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by serena3, Sep 8, 2008.

1. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I really like Starbucks, basic bitch that I am. The only thing I cannot drink from there is their plain coffee--which I do like, but it really bothers my stomach for some reason.

2. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

I'm willing to bet there's robusta in the blend. I used to get stomach aches something chronic from coffee back in the robusta/blend days. Pure arabica coffees shouldn't give you that stomach upset.

3. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I love coffee... I've always said it's my one vice... I'm currently all about those cold brews from Dunkin Donuts... I can't get enough... I drink them black now sometimes with one pump of the coconut or blueberry flavor... any cup of coffee will do if the timing is right... been to diners all over the country and there is something about sitting down in a home-feeling place with some bacon, eggs, home fries and a cup of hot coffee...

4. cherrypiefly

cherrypiefly Guest

I agree I hardly ever go to Starbucks I like local coffee shops.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  5. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I go to Dutch Bros. It’s a popular chain around these parts. Ever since Starbucks said they’re going to allow non-customers and transients to loiter there as long as they want, I’ve decided to never give them another dollar.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I either make coffee at home or drink it at locally owned coffeeshops. All the chains suck. I hate Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and....well, thats all we have around here I guess. But they're both awful.

7. 6-eyed shaman

French Presses are the best coffee invention ever!

ZenKarma and Meliai like this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

They really are. So simplistic and tasty

9. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I go to Starbucks a few times per week, for convenience. But, I like mine that I make at home, better. Dunkin Donuts is gross, imo. I have no idea why so many people rave over their coffee.

YogaBird likes this.
  10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I go to starbucks very frequently. I suspect they tire of seeing me so I try to stagger my visits by going to different locations (there are like 5...). I actually have one of their reusable cups so that I'm not wasting lots of paper, or whatever cups are made out of. The problem with the reusable cups is they don't work if you want to go through the drive-thru because you would have to get out of the car to go give them your cup beforehand in order for the drink to arrive at the window. Anyway... It doesn't work for the drive-thru.

11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Dunkin is HUGE where I live. Like, there is one on every street corner. I can not, for the life of me, figure out why.

12. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I know when I walk into a Starbucks I'm going to get the same exact cup of coffee I will get in any Starbucks around the country. Just a mediocre cup. If I do go I just get a drip the lattes are to bland for my taste.

13. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

To be honest, their coffee is reasonably priced compared to a lot of other joints. I get it. Working man's Starbucks. I can dig it.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nespresso

15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Compared to most locally owned craft coffee places, yes. I bought a nitro cold brew for 6 dollars the other days. Ouch.

But compared to other large chain cafes, or compared to those mom and pop type places where the townies all get their coffee? I would say that they are quite middle of the road, perhaps a bit more expensive. And with none of the charm of a locally owned dive, and none of the quality of a fancy shop.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My favorite coffee place here is like $5 for a 6 ounce. Ouch. But its so worth it.

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well. That settles that.

18. 6-eyed shaman

Does the drive-thru have an electronic speaker that you talk into before approaching the window? I'd so, can't you tell the barista you're using a reusable cup before approaching the window?

The coffee drive thru at Dutch Bros. or Human Bean I go to doesn't seem to have that problem. They don't have electronic speakers before going to the window though.

19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yes, but if it's a drink that takes some time to make; like say it's a Decaf Americano (2 minutes), or something decaf on the reverse french press a.k.a. clover (5 minutes), it would hold up the line. Shouldn't really prevent them from making it, but I think in order for me not to obstruct the line it would require either me getting out of line and a) picking it up inside, or b) them bringing it out to the car... all this because I drink decaf coffee. They don't brew decaf except first thing in the morning. If you get there at 10 AM the stuff is burnt-to-a-crisp gross. Since I typically order at about 1PM and perhaps again after 6PM, they don't even have any brewed by that time, thus they have to make either a clover press decaf or a decaf Americano. Or they can do a pour-over, which also takes about 5 minutes. Lol. So I'm pretty much out of luck if I want decaf in that reusable. Guess I should get used to late nights if I want drive-thru coffee after 6PM...

20. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't even understand what you're doing with your life drinking decaf coffee.