Hemp in the Time of New Federal Marijuana Policy

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by DdC, Sep 14, 2013.

1. DdC

DdC Member

"It happened that a Countryman was sowing some hemp seeds in a field where a Swallow and some other birds were hopping about picking up their food. "Beware of that man," quoth the Swallow. "Why, what is he doing?" said the others. "That is hemp seed he is sowing; be careful to pick up every one of the seeds, or else you will repent it." The birds paid no heed to the Swallow's words, and by and by the hemp grew up and was made into cord, and of the cords nets were made, and many a bird that had despised the Swallow's advice was caught in nets made out of that very hemp. "What did I tell you?" said the Swallow. Destroy the seed of evil, or it will grow up to your ruin."
    -- "The Swallow and the Other Birds," Aesop's Fables

Hemp in the Time of New Federal Marijuana Policy
    It's not just medical and legal marijuana states that watched the Justice Department's announcement of its response to marijuana law reforms in the states with interest.

Kentucky to Move Forward With Hemp Regulations
    Decision comes after Department of Justice memo on marijuana...

HEMP Party In Australia Launches Official Campaign
    For Legalization of Marijuana

Justin Caba, Medical Daily Sep 5 2013
    The Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party of Australia officially launched its election campaign on Monday in Sydney’s...

US Air Force Bans Greek Yogurt With Hemp Seeds
    Nick Wing, The Huffington Post Aug 26 2013
    Hemp contains trace amounts of THC, the psychoactive ingredient also found in marijuana, classified alongside heroin and LSD...

Starving Babies and Illegal Food

[​IMG]

We are HempMedsPX™—The CBD Source.
    HempMedsPX™ offers mainstream marketing, sales, customer service, and logistics for the cannabis industry. HempMedsPX™ is a corporate portfolio company of Medical Marijuana Inc. (OTC: MJNA) and the exclusive master distributor and contracted marketing company for CannaVest Corp. (OTC: CANV) and Medical Marijuana Inc. In addition to handling the sales and distribution of hemp cannabidiol (CBD) products, HempMedsPX™ is the communication hub for the Medical Marijuana Inc. family of companies.

Our goal is to provide the world with the amazing benefits of hemp CBD. If you are a consumer seeking the highest quality hemp-based products, HempMedsPX™ is a one-stop destination for federally-legal, hemp-based health and wellness foods, supplements and more.

Sanjay Gupta

High on Hemp

Jack Herer’s “The Emperor Wears No Clothes”

Hemplastic or Fossil Fools

United States National Institute of Health, University of Mississippi marijuana plantation site, showing variation in plant size. A tall fiber-type of hemp plant is shown at left, and a short narcotic variety (identified as “Panama Gold”) at right.

[​IMG]

"I presume, like the rest of us in the country, you are in the habit of household manufacture, and that you will not, like too many, abandon it on the return of peace, to enrich our late enemy, and to nourish foreign agents in our bosom, whose baneful influence & intrigues cost us so much embarrassment & dissension. the shirting for our laborers has been an object of some difficulty. flax is so injurious to our lands, and of so scanty produce, that I have never attempted it. hemp, on the other hand, is abundantly productive and will grow for ever on the same spot, but the breaking and beating of it, which has always been done by hand, is so slow, and so laborious, and so much complained of by our laborers, that I have given it up, and purchased & manufactured cotton for their shirting, the advance price of this however now makes it a serious item of expence; and in the mean time a method of removing the difficulty of preparing hemp occurred to me, so simple & so cheap, that I return to its culture and manufacture.

To a person having a threshing machine, the addition of a hemp break will not cost more than 12. or 15. D. you know that the first mover in that machine is a horizontal horsewheel with cogs on it's upper face. on these is placed a wallower and shaft which give motion to the threshing apparatus. on the opposite side of this same wheel I place another wallower and shaft, thro' which, and near it's outer end, I pass a cross-arm of sufficient strength, projecting on each side 15. I. in this form, nearly under the cross arm is placed a very strong hemp-break, much stronger & heavier than those for the hand, it's head block particularly is massive, and 4. f. high, and near it's upper end, in front, is fixed a strong pin (which we may call it's horn). by this time the cross arm lifts & lets fall the break with hemp stalks, and a little person holds under the head block a large twist of tobacco but larger, where it is more perfectly beaten than I have ever seen done by hand. if the horse wheel has 144. cogs, the wallower 11. rounds, and the horse goes 3 times round in a minute, it will give about 80. strokes in a minute.

I had fixed a break to be moved by the gate of my sawmill, which broke & beat at the rate of 200. lb. a day. but the inconveniences of interrupting that induced me to try the power of a horse, and I have found it answer perfectly, the power being less, so also probably will be the effect, of which I cannot make a fair trial until I commence on the new crop. I expect that a single horse will do the breaking & beating of 10 men. something of this kind has been so long wanted by the cultivators of hemp , that as soon as I can speak of it's effect with certainty, I shall probably describe it anonymously in the public papers, in order to forestall the prevention of it's use by some interloping patentee."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, Letters,
    December 29, 1815 (To George Fleming)

Why Do YOU Think They Call it DOPE?
    * Cannabis Hemp: The Invisible Prohibition Revealed
    * The Elkhorn Manifesto
    * Marijuana and Hemp: The Untold Story

[​IMG]