Help Im 16

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by BeboSour, Jun 2, 2012.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

He also carried a lamp looking for an honest man and you’re not being honest with the OP [​IMG]
    He/she is fucked without a GED or a diploma :(

Hotwater

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The first step should probably be to go to the high school, tell them what your problem is, and/or ask to talk to an administrator or counselor. Your problem isn't unusual, and they probably could help you identify alternatives. In my community, there is an alternative academy for folks in your situation, and the instruction is self-paced. See what's available. There are usually prep sessions at high schools for the GED. But I agree you need to get either the GED or the high school diploma. You can't do much without them, and you'll be kicking yourself for the rest of your life if you do nothing.

3. DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

Agreed. You need to get one or the other. It seems like you have a very good head on your shoulders and know what you need to do, but maybe needed a little reinforcement. Just believe in yourself and get down to business. Put in the extra work now to get caught up and you'll be glad you did later.

4. Withaspirit

Withaspirit Banned

Gee, that's a good reason to drop out.. because you're to lazy to get up in the morning. How long as it been since u dropped our & what effort have u made to do something productive with that time

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

unfortunately, only the passage of time can help with the fact that you're 16.