Heart Of Darkness By Joseph Conrad

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by Spagelo, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Spagelo

Spagelo Members

“...It seems to me I am trying to tell you a dream--making a vain attempt, because no relation of a dream can convey the dream-sensation, that commingling of absurdity, surprise, and bewilderment in a tremor of struggling revolt, that notion of being captured by the incredible which is of the very essence of dreams...No, it is impossible; it is impossible to convey the life-sensation of any given epoch of one's existence--that which makes its truth, its meaning--its subtle and penetrating essence. It is impossible. We live, as we dream-alone...”

This is one of the best I've ever read, it tells a story about a man named Marlow, who is sent down King Leopold's Congo to meet up with an Ivory trader named Kurtz. Only, when he arrives, he is met with an unspeakable horror...

2. Cathy55

Cathy55 Members

I heard this book is amazing, maybe I will read it too.

3. Gr@ce

Gr@ce Members

Oh, I've read this one! It's great!

4. Tiberije

Tiberije Guest

One of my favorite books. Appocalypse Now movie is partly based on this book.

5. Lee JBartholomew Baker

Lee JBartholomew Baker Banned

A man whose heart has been taking by the sub-continent of Africa, who is hiding from prosecution by the "adult" world. I'd most likely join along with him as long as I could get some of the lithium (as opposed to opium which is what I through Marlon Brando was trading in Aposcalpyse Now.

6. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

I’ve on a digital version of it on my kindle for a couple years. I really need to dad it.