hare krishna

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by sleeping jiva, May 8, 2004.

1. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

Imagine there's no heaven... vedanta at her best.

2. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna !

From Umbra.....

There's really no love, only the devas and devis are having any love..the devotees are starved of love. They cant even enjoy sexual encounters in marriage LOL. hope they'll enjoy themselves in Golok, well i bet most believe they are correct but Never UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF DENIAL.
    what a farce am sorry, i was a devotee for thee years , but to tell you the truth, they all are discriminative- i mean sexually , racially black devotees have the worst time and the Indians feel they own the temples but the sad truth is that ever since Nori Muster came out, and all those kids who were abused in ashrams in the name of KRISHNA i too believe they are liars, at least i was lied to, made to make garlands cajoled into acts they said were religious but were just a form of control, brainwashed by chanting mind numbing incantations, i nearly very stupidly left my family because Krishna was calling me!!! i suffered mental abuse and all sorts of stereotyping women do get in pariarchal organisations.
    lies lies lies... gurus are just like anybody else they steal , lie ,cheat , are peadophiles , raketeers, i wont mention much , just ask any ex member who has been deprogrammed.
    but the truth is this, there lots of good people losing their lives and refraining from enjoying this life because they have to pepare to go to Golok Vrindavan, i wonder if they'll ever make it!!! Anyway i saw lots of gullible devotees especially the caucasian ones who live like slaves -well nearly
    considering that they have donated all their monies and resources- to help spread Krishna Consciousness. Many have ended up depressed and suicidal but have nothing left to back to: well because Krishna is testing their faith.
    Check out the stats and know what am saying... the numbers are dwindling.

Believe me, the Vaishnava faith really isnt the oldest faith, ask any Chassidim which year this is...really and the relativismof Krishna being every other avatar is just to get people to make up the numbers. i bet this is an Asiatic Hindu conspiracy to rule the world.
    PEACE AND LOVE
    FREE YOUR MINDS

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Umbra,

Yes, the truth hurts and your facts are painful, too. I am so very much sorry reading your post.

Umbra, dear, I would only like to add a few points here. You had gone out for Krishna or God or Golokdham but clearly landed at a wrong place. So, out of frustration and rage all Gurus have become bad(Cheats, thieves and liers), chanting of Mantra has become mind numbing incantations! Calm down now, please.

To start speaking a baby takes two years, to go into college a student takes twelve years, for attaining motherhood a girl takes thirteeen years....... for Krishna, God or self-realization you gave only three years and got all your answers that everything is false !

Dear, there is nothing wrong with the Vaishnavas or even with the ISKCON. It is just unfortunate that you went to the wrong place. There are good and bad everywhere in all sects at all places. No matter where you go for what purpose, this is true that you will find co-existence of good and bad. That is how the balance is maintained. And count your own home and family also to know this truth. How many places you are going to leave ? Right people are there everywhere, even in today's ISKCON. I believe this. There are Gurus who will make you cry for your present remarks. Do not need to go too far, you can interact with the members like Spook, BlackBillBlake, Bhaskar, Saving Garden Beauty, CCPie and so many others here itself in this forum. They are no less than any Guru. And some of them have had connections with Iskcon. And what is this Vaishnava all about ? There are only two groups... God and devotee, please do not try to give any other name. Devotees are with 'gunas' and become different with different names. When they go beyond all 'gunas' they attain oneness with God. So please try to go above all analysis of good and bad and centre your focus on God alone.

Breathing in and out does not cast any spell of incantation, it is an indispensable act for maintaining this material lfe. Same way chanting or meditating on His name becomes indispensable for maintaining spiritual life.

In another thread, Gravity said that prayer is a superstition and there is no truth in it. I am sure, it is not right. If you are a Christian sit at the feet of Lord Jesus, cry and pray that you are taken to the right place and right people. Your honest and sincere prayer will be heard and please believe me you will soon change all your opinions.

Your post was very painful and I thought we should write to you. Only hope and pray that you get back your mental peace and power to forgive all.

With lots of love,
    Kumar.

3. sentient

sentient Senior Member

Hare Krishna is a lie or a liar
    anyone who says that there is anything deeper to be had from chanting and meditation is a fool - the spiritual is merely an incomplete answer to the explanations of what are essentially scientific problems

4. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Banned

krishnah sukz dik and jane.

5. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna !

Dear Sentient,

Thanks for your comments. It could only be better and acceptable if you had read, understood or practised anything before writing. Dear, please do not say or do anything today just for the sake of saying something for which you will be sorry and embarrased tomorrow.

With love,
    Kumar

6. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Actually, there is probably a scientific basis for repetitive chanting having a positive effect. It is known that certain types of activity promote the production of one set of brain responses and another thing a different alteration in brain function.
    In general, repetitive actions, whether it's chant or dance or whatever have been used by most cultures for millenia to produce changes in consciousness, from the Native American Shaman, to the Hindu Sadhu to the Buddhist monk. Even today's electronic dance music.

As science investigates these things, more is being learned about the extent to which they can and do cause actual physical changes in the brain/cns.

7. spook13

spook13 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Dilip, it's good to see you back on the forum! I had been wondering how you were...welcome home.

Bill...per my personal experience, chanting the Hare Krishna mantra in disciplined fashion will truly produce a state of detachment from the mind and transcendental insight. It's a bonafide meditational practice...but it's my problem for not being disciplined enough about it on a longterm basis.

You've obviously never lifted a pinky toward the spiritual direction...if you had, you wouldn't have posted this. The record of thousands of years worth of spiritual "fools" from all over the world and every culture attest to the existence of God and the transcendental dimension.

8. BlackBillBlake

I think we just have to do what we can - the fact that you say it does produce the state of transcendence etc shows that whatever efforts we make in this direction bring a result.
    My own 'failing ' is that perhaps too many different things compete for my attention. But I still regard the Hare Krishna mantra as a valuable thing - in fact, it is something which anyone can easily put to the test, in an experimantal manner. All it requires is the will, and sincerity, plus an open minded attitude free of both religious and scientific prejudice.

But - and an important but - nothing is for everyone. Whilst a given practice may be effective in some cases, in others something else may be more appropriate. That is precisely one of the stregnths of Indian philosophy - it avoids the narrow 'one size fits all' mentality which seems to characterize western religions, and allows for a plurality of different approaches suited to different types of human being.

9. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

If you'd even a fleeting acquaintance with scientific theories, you would know that it has been proved decades ago that science can only go so far and no further. That is the clear evidence of Heisenburg's proof.

10. BlackBillBlake

Nonetheless, I think science can help to show that certain practices do have a definite and measurable physical effect. Myself, I don't see science and an open minded spirituality as at all at odds with each other. I leave that to fundies and creationists on one side and strict materialists on the other.

11. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

I don't disagree with that.

But I have only contempt for those that say that science is the answer to all our problems.

It can be argued that it has done at least as much harm as good for mankind, if not more. And it is 'science' that has brought us to the point of planetary crisis due to pollution and wanton exploitation of resources.

People argue that religion causes wars. But it is science that arms the violent minded to enable them to cause maximum misery to maximum people in minimum time.

12. BlackBillBlake

Pure science is really only knowledge. I think though I'd agree with you up to a point if we substitute the word 'technology' - at least the fossil fuel based technologies that threaten the balance of the global climate today.

I also agree that science isn't the answer to everything, but within certain boundaries it is very useful.

I am generally in agreement with R.Buckminster Fuller, who thought that with what he calls 'more for less' technologies, and through design based on 'big picture' thinking, we now have, for the first time in recorded history, the potential to look after everyone's material needs in a harmonious way, and create an enduringly successful and sustainable future.

More on this here :
    http://www.bfi.org/

13. umbra

umbra Member

there are people whose lack of foresight and whose sense of judgement can easily be manipulated no matter how smart or intelligent.but surely if they could only believe so much then anything's possible.
    its a known fact that sometimes when you are lied to too often you'll simply believe whatever's in the offing until another truth liberates your imprisoned mind.
    technically science is good, without science we'd still be in caves there's really no need to philosophise about the inherent badness of science , i guess its just the negative projection -the potentiality for evil in most people- that makes everyone suspicious of any new scientific development. In life there are three choices
    1to do good
    2to do evil
    3to do nothing
    so life and spirituality can be classified as whatever you make it. however ''dark vs rosy'' are to narrow and ideal in Krishna consciousness.

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
    - Hamlet

14. BlackBillBlake

'To do nothing' isn't a choice. As long as there is life in the body, we have no choice but to act, unless we adopt a extreme version of quietism and just lie down until we die. Even then, we'd still be 'doing'.

15. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna !

From Umbra.....

so life and spirituality can be classified as whatever you make it. however ''dark vs rosy'' are to narrow and ideal in Krishna consciousness.

Sorry, not understood at all.

Love,

Kumar.

16. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

My dearest friends who have dwelled on this thread (and in the Hinduism forum) since its creation,

I indeed think (and can surely say) that it was the Lord's Divine Grace that lead me away from my studies for my midterm tonight and instead drew me to this thread (just when I was looking for something quickly on the forum)... I started to read it from the beginning...

Lately I've been having a hard time with faith... I can't go into details its just that... well...I've been having a hard time and I have been praying so hard for help...and by the Lord's Divine Grace...I began to read through my own spiritual journey...through the workings of this thread and the devotees of Lord Krishna... most of you some of my closest friends on this spiritual journey...and how you had helped me to learn to Love Him more and carefully took me under your wings and showed me the path to opening my heart to His love. Each step re-taken in this archive of the past reminded me of all I Loved and the Glory of His Name, His Lotus Feet, His Lotus Eyes... His beautiful flute... and ever picture of His made me draw back...and cry... How I had missed Him! Though He just got hidden...I can't imagine how I let that happen...but there He was ...beautiful and real and whole within my being...and each sweet word of bhakti you each spoke brought me back to His Grace... a place I had been closing myself off to for some time... parrotting but not lost in its Intoxicating Bliss. So Jai Sri Krishna... if I do not sleep this night (for I still have to study)...it will be the longest most joyous night perhaps... for each waking moment will be accompanied by thoughts of Him... and I have a lot of catching up to do... But I just wanted to post here, my dear friends, to express my gratitude to all of you. For continuously helping me, for being patient with me, for taking my misunderstandings, and for giving me your love... I could not ever ask for more... I have been thus blessed by His Divine Grace... as Ma Indira Devi says, "Is it not wonderful?" Thank you all once again... I hope that I may give to you always all the support and love you have given me over these last three years in my journey... May I always serve you all as a humble servant and may we always serve His beautiful Lotus feet.

Hari Om.

Peace to you all always.

Peace and Love,
    Nicole

17. BlackBillBlake

:sunny:

love.

18. 10000 lighr years

10000 lighr years Member

hallie rama krishna krishna.ican still see them in my mind.just a good part of many.they were all over the streets only hoping the spread wellness.

19. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Dear Nicole,
    Indeed you are progressing quite well in your spiritual path, hehe I will catch up to you, i still lag behind :& however, it is not wise to neglect or get away from one's obligations when one tries to think about the lord. Please understand that we all have two important activities in life, one is service to the lord, the other is the development of our career. Both are important, and it is always good to concentrate on midterms when they are coming up. Doing what we do, which is study for our midterms and concentrating in class and understanding and showing interest in the material, giving our best shot to get the top score works in sinc with our service to the Lord. doing all those things is our service to the lord. Hence, please do not come here when you have a midterm or homework due :D .

Sincerely,
    Jedi.

20. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

I appriciate your concern Jedi...but I promise you that a) I wasn't really studying anyway regardless of whether I came on here...that night it just wasn't happening (it was my last of a long week of midterms.). Also, I did find time to prepare a bit more before the class and did much better actually on that midterm than the ones I took in the middle of the week that I studied nutty for.... I promise. :)