Ground Coffee vs Grinding Your Own Beans

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by Joshua Tree, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Years ago I bought an electric coffee grinder, but I haven't used it much. I buy bags of ground coffee and use a cafetiere.

Do you think it's worth buying whole beans and grinding them yourself fresh?

I drink my coffee black these days, you get the best flavour of the coffee that way.

2. Kerri

Kerri Members

I think it’s a little better to grind the beans for each use but it’s a pretty small difference in my opinion. That being said I want to try roasting my own beans. I’ve even got a used whiskey barrel to cold brew them in

Joshua Tree and ahsorandy like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I use a French press which requires course ground beans. So I usually grind them myself

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yes...

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I once had an electric coffee grinder, not once did I use it for grinding coffee

Was great for making hash type stuff, after a week of chopping up buds, scrape out the stuff left in the cyclinder, and damn it was strong

6. Used to grind my own beans.Now just buy ready ground. I drink my coffee black and strong and don't notice much difference

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

only if you drink coffee.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nespresso

9. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

We have the roaster grind them for us for our drip machine, it's a little finer grind. We also have a commercial espresso machine that we have a grinder for.
    Remember the water is as important as the coffee itself. If you're not using clean water....

10. Cliff Unicorn

Cliff Unicorn Members

Yes. Coffee tastes better that way... richer and softer at the same time. You learn quickly to make it fit into your own taste. I highly recommend, I use it daily.
    Next step would be to roast your beans first, but I'm not there yet.... some day I will :smile:

[​IMG]

11. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

i only drink one cup a day, so I buy whatever is cheapest at the grocery store..

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It seems like most of the coffee that's on the shelves is whole bean. They either grind it for you, or provide a grinder so that you can manage it yourself. That said, I don't know that I prefer one or the other. I do like my coffee though! :)

13. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I just put my beans in the coffee machine, fill the milk container and select the drink that I want. :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:
    Lazy me.!!!!!! :weary::weary::weary::weary::weary:

14. etaf

etaf Members

i think there is a big difference
    BUT an electric grinder may be the issue
    I had an electric grinder and did not find much difference - BUT i got a bur grinder and the difference in my opinion is huge
    and now i have found a few brands of coffee bean (one is from a coffee shop that is specially blended set of beans) that I like best and shop ground coffee is no where near as good

i now have a proper coffee machine - made by Sage and the difference there is again huge between my old coffee machine and this one

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I use to grind my own beans in the Magic Bullet but it broke.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've heard of a magic bullet before, and for some reason i thought it was a vibrator.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

What do you mean you thought? You've never ground coffee beans in your vibrator before?

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

no, i just put them in a baggie and smash them with my oversize dildo.

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I went for the Siemens, Just a bit difficult to strip down and clean if not used for a while, but it uses fresh milk and grinds the beans for every cup.
    CT636LES6

20. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No.

The Magic Bullet is a kitchen aid.

I think it's a Sliver Bullet that's a sex aid.