Good Site for Proxy Server Ips

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by skip, Aug 24, 2004.

1. BonesSB

BonesSB Member

Ditto. Anonymity online no longer exists. With the right resources, someone can track you down, no ifs ands or buts about it. Proxy servers nowadays simply make it much more difficult to track you down. The right proxy will send your traffic through server after server after serve throughout the world, forcing The Man to go through a tremendous amount of trouble to find you. But, like I said, if they want to find you, they will.

That being said, a good proxy to hide behind (and relatively simple to use) is Tor. I'm assuming I cant yet post links, so just go to Google and search for Tor Project, it should be the first hit. It's cool because you can watch in real time the different countries your traffic gets routed through. The rub is that it slows down your internet tremendously, sometimes to an unbearable level. But dont be fooled, it is not 100% safe. If someone wants to find you, they will. Like was said earlier, dont be an idiot. If you're going to take a picture of your plants, take a picture of JUST your plants. Dont be flaunting personal information elsewhere. Seriously, just dont be dumb.

2. Grower420

Grower420 Guest

links broken dude . how bout a re-up?

3. 420biz

420biz Banned

subscribe to a premium VPN service like BlackVPN or something similar. then your connections are fully encrypted through OpenVPN, and you get a foreign IP address. much better anonymity than socks or proxies

if you use wireless a lot, you should always be using it through a VPN to prevent rogue access points from sniffing your traffic, or stealing/phishing bank logins