Good Site for Proxy Server Ips

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by skip, Aug 24, 2004.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Here's a site with lots of currently available proxy server addys that work!

http://netspy.ukrpack.net/index.shtml

It seems to be updated daily with new ones, making it easy & cheap to be secure!

You should use a proxy server if you are posting something that you don't want tracked back to you.

Have fun!

2. Chaotic

Chaotic Member

uuhhh... how do I use a proxy server?? is there info on setting one up and use??

3. mannix

mannix Member

I've seen this topic elsewhere on other boards and wonder if its necessary. Wouldn't LEO have to "hack" into the server running hipforums? Do we know for certain that LEO will obtain a list of URL's you've visited from your IP or is it just "possible" for this to happen?

In other words, do we know of busts that came about because someone didn't use a proxy server?

4. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

Nope, you'd have to subpeona HipForums to divulge that information, or hack into their servers to get a list of IP's. Most people that got busted for pictures is beacuse they took a picture with their face in it, or just took too many pictures and the cops were able to trace it to them.

5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

The biggest problem is just stupidity. Like posting your town & school & name in another section of the site. That would make it easy to track you down.

Our server is in Amsterdam, so it would be very difficult for US LEOs to have any legal ground to get info from our site. But these days they could monitor traffic from anywhere and that's why it's good to hide your actual location via a proxy server. For people with static IP#s, once that's been determined they could be at your door very quickly.

6. HighBlueSkies

HighBlueSkies Member

so how do you use a proxy server. (Im technologically challenged, im lucky to find the power button on most devices)

7. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

8. zzand

zzand Banned

thanks for that;)

[​IMG]

9. Tainted

Tainted Member

I dont come into this sub-forum very often, but if your posting something your really worried about getting busted over (not some small time grow) you should try to find an over-sea's proxy. Using a proxy server that is located in america can be traced back to you, they just have to take an extra step. I could be wrong, but that's just what I've heard.

^^^ That's all assuming your in america of course.

10. Nickelbag

Nickelbag Member

No amount of protection will prevent you from being an idiot.
    If you need to protect yourself from being stupid, it's already too late.

If you aren't being stupid, then why would you need to worry?

11. Hazer

Hazer Member

The US government is 10 years ahead of our (the public) technology atleast. They can trace you no matter what, im sure.

12. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

I worry I post I have a pot card.

But not really since I don't have any plants or large stash of weed so I post.

The most they ever get from me would be less than a 8th at my house.

Also the clubs sell joints to to play safe anyone can just buy joints for $2-$4-$6 of pure low to super high grade shake per day get it smoke it gone.

No need to worry of store most open to 6-12pm here!

In USA laws are changing
    12 Decriminalization it
    9 medical pot states growing it.

13. medicalbud

medicalbud Member

Not so anything they have we get under 6 months.

Its like drugs and guns.

14. Nickelbag

Nickelbag Member

A proxy DOES NOT protect your identity. It simply makes it more difficult to determine the originating IP. How do you think you could possibly receive data via a proxy if your IP was not tracable through it??

It's called spoofing or masquerading and it's easily tracable if they are tracking you while you are online. I use to do this all the time on IRC, to track down hackers and pranksters who thought they were being clever too.
    If you aren't online then they would have to have a warrant to request IP records from anyone like this website. Only then would a proxied IP be useful.

And if folks are worried about IP records being confiscated, they must be very paranoid and at the same time they must be very careless, which usually do not go together. I pity those who fit the profile, because it must be stressful to be so dumb.

Not to mention the fact that many nefarious people will create proxies or lists of proxies and invite people to use them, just so they can victimize you.

I should also point out that it is illegal to use an unauthorized proxy, which most proxy lists are. A person does a port scan sweep on the internet looking for proxy ports, and makes a list of IP's that have proxy servers. That does not give you the right to use their proxy just because they failed to properly firewall their network.

15. skullkidnate

skullkidnate ナサニエル

^Not anymore. FBI got a law passed. They now pretty much own the internet. They do not even have to ask your ISP for your records.

16. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

And they don't need to request your IP from Skip. Hell I can figure out your IP myself, and I'm no pro.

17. cd001111

cd001111 Member

If you worry about being monitored Set up a Virtual computer, the software is free and available at the MS web site.

18. mebesideme

mebesideme Member

i remember I used to see a little animation in people's avatars sometimes that would have my ip address and my town on it, and a little evil smiling face.

19. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Link no longer works. Does anybody have any newer ones?

20. neuroptican

neuroptican ...hadouken!

So I hope someone can clarifiy, are Proxy Servers still a good idea or pretty much a waste?