Good Kundalini Yoga Books?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by Carl1979, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Carl1979

Carl1979 Members

Does anybody know of any good kundalini yoga books out there?

2. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

hate to say this but not really - the gopi krishna books are more like a long brag, but do show what sort of weird psychic phenomena could happen. when i learned tm at 15 i saw kundalini as the snake and it lifted its head and hisses and white fog came out and it dropped away and i expanded and that was first and last time i had a clairvoyant vision of kundalini, though i feel movement of shakti continually. i can also tell who else has shakti movement and who doesn't. i will be in a group and can see who is just sitting there with eyes closed pretending to meditate and who is in absorption. i went through about three or four years of being on fire during meditation and would hear my brain synapses firing at night like rapid machine gun but very fine. my brain was forming new pathways to merge dualisms and conflicts.

problem with kundalini is that the word has synonyms in a variety of scriptures - moreoften you will find the word 'shakti' used by the devi or feminine worshipers of the hindu tantras. and if kundalini knowledge belongs to any hindu sect it belongs most properly to the worshipers of sri vidya - the shodashi and mahashodashi mantras contain the shakti bijas which are the sounds which incant shakti. unfortunately sri amritananda passed away last year and no longer is around to give purnadiksha or full initiation into sri vidya. i do not know who is in charge of devipuram now. i do not promote yogis who i have had no dealings with. i also recommend not getting involved with cults. an exception however is transcendental meditation, if you do as they say amongst buddhist tantrics and 'get the teaching and run!' do not become part of a cult ever. it's very attractive due to socializing and feeling close to peers but in this situation of being a seeker you must stand first for truth or bust. truth is not something where second rate is okay. i mention transcendental meditation and it has become very expensive - it is still worth it - but only TM out of that whole cult is valuable the rest is hinduism lite for western dopes.

beware of kundalini support groups led by supposed sanyyasin, beware of chopras, sri sris, kalkis, oshos, ammachis, adishaktis, devibhaktas, and the plethora of neobrahman tantrikas for hire for pujas and yajnas, sometimes it's good just to go to local hatha yoga classes - also a good thing to do is choose a deity you like and get some beads and just set aside some chanting time - i personally recommend shodashi mantra which is considered the bijakshara summation of the sri suktam or hymn to mahalakshmi. you may find in your kundalini search that mahalakshmi as goddess of expansion is also in charge of expansion of awareness, so her mantras shrim, hrim, etc are good - since i cannot give you initiation you can get the ashley ferrand mantra book or look online, get a picture of mahalakshmi and do some hundreds of thousands of her mantras chanting - keep a tally - on a 108 bead mala for each completed circuit make one strike like ////= 500 mantras - the point is not to get somewhere but to allow the mahalakshmi expansion to permeate the usual mind and draw meaningful practitioners to you

set aside a doable period of time and confine your spiritual experience to that time - it's not good to be going off on a kundalini tangent when driving 90 on the 101.

the most often referenced kundalini yoga books are the arthur avalon 'serpent power' and gopi krishna. but they will just fill your head with ideas which will not be the factual experience when it comes. nobody can tell you how it will be. do you need to know kundalini is a reality? i can affirm kundalini is a reality, and also that not everybody, even high-ups in organization devoted to it have it.

she comes when you have nothing else. but you need initiation and instruction. it's possible some people have spontaneous kundalini but what happened most likely is those persons were around initiates and it rubbed off.

if you are around kundalini yogis there will be not just silence, but a seeping silence which moves - go out and go to intro lectures and listen not to the words but to the silence, don't look at the cloths and dhotis and beads and smiling robotic geeks but hear what they aren't saying.

trust yourself - you and nobody else are the upaguru

3. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

This one has been previously recommended in another forum and is a good book:
    "Kundalini Awakening: Gentle Guide to Chakra Activation and Spiritual Growth" by John Selby
    It's a good, not currently in print I don't think, but probably available 2nd hand.

4. DeputyHawk

DeputyHawk Members

A Chakra and Kundalini Workbook by Jonn Mumford

You should be able to get a used copy for dirt cheap online. I got mine for $4 in great condition.

5. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

how rub first and seventh chakra simultaneously pamphlet $2,000.00 ebay