Go Topless

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by dixie_pixy, Sep 22, 2012.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Go Topless Day and Women's Rights Day was a few weeks ago (Aug 26th). I went to the rally in Asheville NC. I was just wondering what your opinions on topless women are.

[​IMG]
    GoTopless.ORG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5paZdKpvuKE&feature=player_embedded"]Rant On Perverts​

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Now what point would that make?

3. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I edited the post. It should make more sense now. Watch the video ;)

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It's not my fight.
    I wouldn't go topless, and I don't really want to see other women walking topless as well.
    Clothes are nice, wear them.

5. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

It's about the right to be topless. It's a question of equality and freedom of choice. Sure there are places where being topless would be inappropriate but it's about the right to be topless with respect.

6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

with a sale phone

7. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I like boobs so it works for me ;)

But seriously, I don't mind it. I think the problem a lot of people have with it is because boobs are seen as a sexual thing, its why lots of women get bashed for breastfeeding in public, I did as well.

8. GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

I mean if you really want to....

but then honestly don't bitch about it when guys are doing nothing but staring at your tits. Because we've made it that breasts are sexual, so I really think we would just be making life worse for ourselves.

I would always keep covered.

9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

the protest comes across as being a combination of aggressive attention whoring and hostility, which therefor makes it really annoying

as far as political causes go, it seems like people would be better off putting their efforts into world peace, ending hunger, genocide, etc.

I also believe that there should be a place for everyone to do what they want

if people want to be naked, see nakedness, or be seen naked, there should be a place where people can do that.

likewise, there should be a place where people should only be allowed to be clothed, if that's what they want.

being in a place where, in particular, a beautiful naked woman wants to show me her body, is very appealing to me

if a beautiful naked woman wants to force me to see her naked whether I want to or not is actually very repulsive to me.

10. PeaceInTime

PeaceInTime Member

Wait, so.. is there a Go Pantless Day for men?

Honestly I couldn't care less if women are going topless or not, it doesn't effect me in the slightest and I don't see how anyone could possibly be effected by it.

Just so happens that in western society breasts have been made a sexual thing because they're always covered. Same with nudity. Sad really. Everyone should have the right to choose whether they want to wear clothes or not, and seriously if you don't like it don't fucking look. It's not that hard.

Oddduck likes this.
  11. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I agree that this protest can get a little heated. Like I said in the video, I protested last year, but there weren't as many ppl with phones. That's what I was so upset about. I understand it being unusual... All I can think of is I'm glad my Daddy would never act that way!

Nudity is beautiful. It shouldn't be exploited. I wish everyone could be free to be nude. That's how we came into this world after all!

12. seventy

seventy Member

Yes, it's beautiful. In the near future we'll all be nude more often

13. inkgal8290

inkgal8290 Member

i like .."if you dont like it dont look"....well..yeah....as we navagate our way through post postmdoern systems of morality it gets trickey.
    i find in the usa and most western countries that there is more and more control going on and less personal freedom in popular culture.
    when i was young in the place where i grew up it was nothing to see naked people just walking down the street..no one cared. and topless was a moot point.
    humm...how times and places change.i would liek to see less regulation and more personal freedom . reminds me of an old hank williams song. mind yer own busness so you wont be minding mine?...is that how it went..ild try and find it on utube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjgAwj0qRcI"]MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS !!! HANK WILLIAMS - YouTube

14. newbie-one

saying "if you don't like it, don't fucking look" is not really any different than saying, "people wear clothes here, so if you don't like it, put on a shirt".

I'm all for people having the right to do what they want, but I'm not for people trying to ram their rights down someone else's throat.

people have different values and want to live in different ways. often those differences are incompatible.

I don't think that the solution is for one group to oppress another, but rather that each group gets its own place to do what it wants.

15. anonisacat

anonisacat Member

it really shouldn't be an issue-- and my bf agrees. There is no such thing in the usa. :(

16. inkgal8290

inkgal8290 Member

Hi thanks for the post..pardon the cut n paste.

"people have different values and want to live in different ways. often those differences are incompatible."

well that is our greatest challenge in our on world existence at present. yeah ..how do you do that?
    my thinking currently is that we have to find and personally experience what we have in common..i find what we all have in common is our essential being minus the thoughts and systems they generate. as i meditate i find there are deeper and deeper levels of thought illusions...i do not know how deep into our beings these illusions go but i know even the notion of nothingness can also be an illusion. on the obvious levil the thought illusion of religion is one of the things that causes allot of problems. one religion thinks its right ..the other thinks its right and than they go to war. Etc etc
    but yeah if people could experience this foundation of the mind in more and more subtilty.the world would be a better place. because we would not be so locked into thought structures. we would move towards a bigger picture.

"I don't think that the solution is for one group to oppress another, but rather that each group gets its own place to do what it wants."

now this topic interests me.....currently locally the city is building a skate park..so people can skate there obviously and what happens...the skaters get off the street. i find this oppressive to skate culture and so typical of post modern thought. its as typical and trite as ripped jeans and faded out logos on $150 tank tops.
    i live in a small village in mountains currently where there is no skate culture because..the dam streets are cobble stone. now this is getting interesting as the new skate park is going to create skate culture in my village rather than contain it. however mostly skate parks are an attempt to contain anarchy .when i live in urban environments i love laying in bed at 3 am and listening to the sound......shhhhhhhHHH ker plunk..sssss i love that sound of a skater strutting their stuff. the same hesitation comes up on my part regarding walls for people to graffiti on..its just not the same....i love good urban graffiti.....and i also love graffiti removal..oh the slabs of paint and pallid tones remind me of Rothko and the other great usa color field painters. i think they are true abstract post modern murals.
    a place to do what you want...would that not segregate people more?
    my favorite quote is by a comparative religious studies man called Joseph Campbell..he quoted the old Irish saying"is this an irish fight..or can anybody join in"
    i think we have a long way to go before this can happen..oh im just thinking out loud.
    hay but try simple meditation..its as good or even better as weed.
    Check out the origins skate at
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C78BQFDq6hM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C78BQFDq6hM
    utube has this great doco an dog town in 8 parts ..its great viewing. That was anarchy. Shining at its brightest.
    Thanks for the post..interesting thought in my brain.

17. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

BIg fan of boobs myself so it would be a win win really.

did you go topless dixie?

18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Oh is that you in the video?
    Why didn't you go topless? o_O

19. newbie-one

I don't think that having different standards in different places is segregation. I think of segregation as being when people are forced to separate.

having a few places where people can live in particular ways would be a good thing, I think.

I think that there should be nude beaches, but I wouldn't want every beach in the world to be a nude beach, because there are people who don't want to go to nude beaches, so I think that they should have their place too.

20. JeepDrew

JeepDrew Member

It is a form of segregation. Some people are forced to be fully clothed.