Gender Roles

Discussion in 'Conscious Bible' started by deanstar, Aug 26, 2014.

1. deanstar

deanstar Members

This is for rubes but I really not sure where to put it on this forum. I hope I am ok to be in the conscious bible section which is to me the holy scriptures.

A women has a certain role and a man has a certain role to play. Gender has differences. A guy has a penis, this means he is totally different from a woman with a vagina. I really do not like stating the obvious but how else can you explain something which has become confused. For example women have boobs for breastfeeding and just because they are good too. That helps with raising a child and her role as a nurturer is to look after homely things. This can include the ironing and other housework. The man is more responsible for resources. This means salary and food, house. Things for security. The man commands the woman about the family because he is the head of the family and is responsible for it. That's the males role. A womens role is to listen and be a good wife by not complaining but by being pleasant and having daily things done that are required and making the man feel comfortable after working hard. When married each persons body belongs to each other. The male or the female can't deny sex in the relationship because this is part of the structure of it. The woman does NOT have an inferior role as some want to think. It is an important role as much as the mans. Both roles have to work together to make a complete united family. You can't have two males cause it won't be efficient. You can't have two females with one playing the male role. It's too confusing. There is a lot of other things to say about it. People see it as the dark ages, but really it's basic common sense and biology. People have become worse over the years and no longer understand that genders have specific roles.

1 person likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

bull shit....roles.....people are people.... period......
    I wish you all the best in obtaining your Father Knows Best existence with a woman some day.....Yes, that does and can exist, also.
    Nice work if you can get it. Now you are angering me....so I had to say bull shit with the roles thing.....as it is BS to me.
    People are always changing, growing, evolving, etc....nothing is written in stone has ....been my experience anyway.

7 people like this.
  3. deanstar

deanstar Members

It's written in the scriptures. That's far more permanent than stone. Will always be there and set from the beginning. Evolution is the radical opposite philosophy that destroys families. The chaotic anarchy of evolution is the reason you can't recognize gender or purpose in gender.

1 person likes this.
  4. Moonglow181

I am not Christian. Mormons believe it is ok to have many wives, and I am not Mormon, either......I am not religious, so I will bow out of this section now.......
    Your belief system does not work for me......period...and that is not putting what you believe in down at all.

5. Moonglow181

I just came here to continue the train of thought from your other post.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I agree that men and women are very different, and that they have their specific, more traditional roles.
    However, I dont think that a woman's number one job is to listen and be obedient, and not complain when her husband comes home from work. That kind of takes away from a persons dignity. If a woman wants to have a job and a career, awesome, she should go for it. I myself want that. That also doesn't mean that I cannot be a good mother and wife. The woman pretty much holds the home together, in my opinion.
    But in general, yes, men and women are different.

6 people like this.
  7. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Biology and Sociology are different subject matters, they do not intertwine like you preached. Curious, why can't two men or two women have the same successful relationship if they abide by the same "gender" roles you mentioned? Women have been shown to be just as logical, creative, ambitious, adventurous as men, who are we to deny them from a fulfilling life?

1 person likes this.
  8. Sleeping Caterpillar

Evolution is the exact opposite of what you just said lol

You wouldn't evolve if you failed and destroyed

2 people like this.
  9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

This makes absolutely no sense... It's written on paper. You are saying paper is more permanent than stone?

If you take your scriptures and put them out in the wind and the rain they will soon disintegrate. Set them in the sun and the ink will fade.. My scriptures are the wind, the rain, and the sun.... Over time even the very stone will be worn down. The wind, the rain, and the sun will remain.

Your "scriptures" were written by men. Those men felt the need to class women as second in order to control them. Nothing more, nothing less.

What scares you so?

14 people like this.
  10. TheOrchardist

TheOrchardist Member

Sorry, I just can't agree with any of that. The Bible also says we shouldn't eat shellfish and we can enslave our neighbours. Roles are ridiculous and to suggest a woman is to listen and be a good wife by not complaining but by being pleasant and having daily things done that are required and making the man feel comfortable after working hard is frankly ludicrous in this age. We know better than that.

Evolution is not a philosophy incidentally.

4 people like this.
  11. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

Dean thank you for posting this for me. You've really opened my eyes as to what I've been doing wrong in my successful 15 year marriage. Apparently everything because in this house we are equals. You say women are not inferior but then you turn around and say that a womans role is to "listen and be a good wife by not complaining but by being pleasant and having daily things done that are required and making the man feel comfortable after working hard". WOW! So she has no opinions or thoughts of her own? She is to just service her man and make him happy? Seen and not heard? I'm fairly certain that, even in Australia, slavery is frowned upon. That really doesn't sound like and equal role to me.

"The male or the female can't deny sex in the relationship because this is part of the structure of it" Dean have you ever heard the word rape? It exists even within marriages. There are many reasons a husband or wife may or may not want sex on any given night and all it takes is for one of them to say "not tonight" for it to not happen. It is perfectly acceptable to not have sex even if the other person wants it. I'm guessing after a long hard day of doing "homely things" a wife might not have the energy to submit and please her husband. She has every right to say no just as he does if he is too tired from being "responsible for resources".

I won't even touch the man/man woman/woman argument you try to have because that is laughable and disgusting at the same time. That will really piss me off and I don't have the time or energy to put the effort into that. After all, I need to conserve energy so I can please my husband later.

Please let me remind you of a few things you have said that you have left out of your original post, as I knew you would....

1. A womans job is to submit to her husband

2. You compared womens rights to the rights of babies, dogs, pigs, and giraffes.

3. You said you treat people differently based on their gender.

This one is my personal favorite...
    4. When you come home from work you will pull down your boxers and expect your wife to drop to her knees and suck your dick.

Please let me know when you find this perfect woman of your dreams. I'll be the first to send you a wedding gift. I'm not too worried about the shipping costs to Australia as I doubt its going to happen without you changing some of your ideals about how life works.

10 people like this.
  12. Moonglow181

I know I bowed out of here, but I am just reminded about the role/obey thing .... IRobot....a story by Ray Bradbury.....I think that is the story about a perfect grandmother.....who is a robot.....and the children get to go to the factory and pick out her body, eyes, hair stye, voice, etc......

or is that I sing the body electric....? I can't remember...There were so many classic Bradbury stories...i read most of them....He was an awesome writer.

1 person likes this.
  13. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

Oh, and by the way...Dean says I'm the one that has distorted views on male/female gender roles..........

14. TheOrchardist

TheOrchardist Member

Ye Gods!

15. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

dean, you look like a mormon arab...

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You are entitled to your interpretation (naturally). But when you say it is too confusing when there are 2 males or 2 females and one is playing a male role, who are you talking about? Yourself? Or the kids that may be in such a household? Anybody? Because it doesn't seem too confusing for most adults who recognize we can simplify the world according to a dogma or principle we favor but it doesn't make the world that simple. Not every male or female fits the role you apparently think they should.

4 people like this.
  17. Sleeping Caterpillar

Washing Dishes is a Woman's Role

18. deanstar

deanstar Members

Not at a restaurant. They be the waitresses. The chef are the men.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Are you gonna answer my question?

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm okay with some gender roles. I like masculine men, and I'm sure masculine men I've been attracted to were attracted to me because of my feminine traits. But all that shit listed in the OP wouldn't fly in my household.