Future US = Fascism?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Inquiring-Mind, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Inquiring-Mind

Inquiring-Mind Senior Member

2. Natedog

Natedog Member

Saw this site you said... interesting. That is possible. Or something similar. You see, the concept of "democracy" is being eroded away by "the press" and the media, who are used by corporations to sway "the public" opinion and thus put pressure of "polictions" who are supposed to be the government, but who are more like a collection of people intersted only in securing popularity. Not a good picture? What can we do??

3. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Present US=fascism?

:rolleyes:

4. Natedog

Natedog Member

That's the point. It is happening now.

5. Peace_Nick

Peace_Nick Member

The parallells between the USA and Orwell's '1984' are uncanny. Shrinking civil liberties i.e. the PATRIOT act? War with no defined victory? Domestic Spying? Secret torture prisons?

The similarities are terrifying; fascism is now.

6. Natedog

Natedog Member

Has anyone read a book called "Bar Code Tattoo"?

This story is a too-real llook at where this all could be headed.

7. ~MorningManiacMusic~

~MorningManiacMusic~ Banned

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

four years ago there were still people on her who believed america would ever become a tyranny. now there are those who say THAT will never end.

what makes anyone think political reality's attention span is any longer then our own whose priorities collectively create it?

(granted tyrannies are like insect infestations, a hell of a lot easier to prevent then to get rid of once they get established. the rest of us don't have to say we told anyone so. fat lot of good it does to say it anyway)

=^^=
    .../\...

9. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

People who keep saying the US is fascist really need to read their history books, because it takes balls to compare how the US is now to actual fascist states in the past such as Italy, Germany, Spain, and Stalin's Soviet Union to some extent. If you want fascism, go live in Syria.

10. Inquiring-Mind

It doesn't happen overnight.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes, i do wish the fanatics who are turning the u.s. into faschism would go live in 'syria' instead. or at least someplace where i didn't have to.

i think we'd both be happier.

=^^=
    .../\...

12. phooqu2

phooqu2 Banned

it's like the leak on a faucet...you try to stop it by putting your finger over it....but the pressure builds up, and up, and up, and you have to keep pressing harder and harder....until it bursts loose.

Fascism is the State going beyond its rightful powers to suppress the people...the US is increasing the pressure - because the LEAK is BUILDING UP and UP and UP!!

and it WILL bust loose. the sad part is there are no good leaders, no pacifists to be the guide, so it is destined to be totally disorderly, riotous, and randomly violent.
    how sad.

13. Frogs in a pot. You turn the heat up really slowly and the frogs are so comfortable that they don't realise they're boiling to death. It just takes one freedom being taken away at a time.

By the way, do you guys in the US know what the rest of the world thinks of you? I can describe it in one word:

FASCISTS

Sadly, Australia is right up there sucking on your titties, so i guess that makes us baby fascists.

14. I'd probably stay there, my guess they'll make the first move and nuke the rest of the world first

15. Patience

Patience Member

Yes, i think that the US governement became a fascist one, but the country itself is full of good people, they just need the good person like Martin Luther King, or Rosa Parks, to back him to change the guys in the White House!

16. Australia is backing the construction of the "Star Wars" defence system. Maybe that'll get us immune from absolute obliteration.

Maybe we can have our own Death Star

17. campbell34

campbell34 Banned

America is spoken of in the Bible in no less than three chapters. It speaks of a breakdown in our government to the point, where are leaders will be fighting with each other. It states that we will be threatened with war for a period of 2 years by northern nations. At this time, it states that many of our citizens will be trying to get out of the country to lands of safety, and it also states that the Jews living in our country should return to Jerusalem. It appears after the two years, the northern nations will attack us, and all of our cities will burn, and are end will come in one hours time. The Bible tells us, that no one will ever be able to live in the land ever again, and no one will be able to return to remove a stone to be used for a foundation somewhere else, for the land will be completely polluted.

18. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

The Bible also says "An eye for an eye" and "Turn the other cheek".

19. Natedog

Natedog Member

I hope some people are stockpiling weed and a good supply of music, so we are ready to begin a new civilization when the time comes!! :D

20. Inquiring-Mind

the republican machine will smear his/her character.