Fuck people

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ashalicious, Dec 10, 2018.

1. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Lots of folks will take off their front tire and lock it with the bike. Its a real pain in the butt but obviously a necessity in some places.

2. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

Here's video from a bike shop mechanic in New York City grading peoples locked bikes around the town. kinda funny, he flunks most of them. You wouldn't believe what it takes to get an A from this teacher:)

Streetfilms | Hal Grades Your Bike Locking

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Could be worse...

[​IMG]

Running Horse and Irminsul like this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i definitely keep my bike in my apartment. and i'm in a pretty safe neighborhood, but i'm not about to take that risk.

also, i like the sentiment behind "fuck people." that's one of my top goals, although i don't succeed nearly as often as i'd like.

Orison likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You know, I still live in a place where it's relatively safe to leave your house unlocked. First thing they run into is my dog. Hehe. He would be just as excited as they are breaking in. Not that I would leave house unlocked, there's just no immediate threat in the community, especially our side. We arekke neighbourhood watch in our district.

RetiredHippie and Orison like this.
  6. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

My friend said that she has a mountain bike in storage that she is going to give me! Apparently it's hot pink.

I'll donate my one wheeled bike for parts or something...or maybe take the wheel off of hers if it's too small..

Irminsul likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

In Munich, there's tens of thousands of bikes on the street. None of them are locked up. The idea is, if you need to get somewhere you pick up a bike, you leave it when you're finished.

If you have a good bike you chain it up, that tells others it's not for them. At the entry and exit of every train, subway, bus station are just stacks of bikes waiting to be ridden.

German ingenuity.

Meliai and Running Horse like this.
  8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm sure there's still some assholes out there who see it as an invitation.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe, but tbh I've never see a chained up bike missing a wheel or damaged or anything, and you see some pretty spiffy bikes chained to the gates around trees etc.

See we look after bikes, on street parking however? Just reverse into cars until you fit. :p

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

people have been fucked enough.
    that's why there's too many of us.

i don't know what to say about bikes.
    i've had this happen the last time i had one,
    which was many years ago.

my town now has lime bike,
    but i've yet to download the app.

this is like something i heard about europe having,
    started having, ten;fifteen however many it was,
    years ago.

its a rent it here leave it there,
    a whole bunch of bikes,
    that have locks that have a q-code,
    or whatever those things are called,

and you pay through your phone somehow,
    to unlock them, and then, apearantly,
    you leave them wherever you like,
    and the lock themseles,
    and you one get charged for the time you actually use them.

not sure any more then that how it works,
    i haven't ridden a bike in so long,
    i'm not too tempted to try it.

but its a non-poluting way, to get to places that are further off the bus lines,
    then you might want to walk.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  11. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

Man. - Sorry to read that. I've had very few issues with thieving. I'd like a bike some day. -- One that no pieces or the whole thing get stolen.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

New years resolution?

13. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

On my 5th birthday (many many many years ago!) my parents gave me a brand new bike. After I had had it about a week I left it on the side of the house and ran inside to get a drink. When I came out it was gone. :cry:

Major bummer for a five year old. I was thirteen before I got another new one.

14. I have to admit, I enjoy all those videos of bike thieves stealing rigged bikes that come apart on them.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

every year.

16. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

Who maintains them?

Many U.S. cities have bike share programs and scooters everywhere. You have to be a member but the bikes/scooters are all over the city

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think anybody maintains them, I'm really not sure. They aren't like, pristine bikes or anything lol, they're just so random. I guess someone has to pump the tires up lol.
    It's all over sidewalks too, you always see someone pick up a bike and ride off, or someone stop off and lean the bike up and walk away.

18. gentlesenior

gentlesenior Members

I told you we are different, I don't this at all. They always set those 'stunts' in poor neighborhoods to entice poor kids to steal them. I might like it if they did this near upper class prep schools, they would steal them too. That would make me laugh....I went to a prep school, full of thieves.

19. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

We have a service like that. It's stupid expensive, though.

20. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Did the infamous shopping trip with my girlfriend and her mother. In a way I enjoy it because she invites us to go shopping and have us pick out what we want so she doesn't get us something we hate. But on the other hand she has to touch everything and take a million years...lol

The problem wasn't even her though. The problem is the crazy people who do Christmas shopping. This woman was crowding us in the check out line and she literally kept shoving my girlfriend to move up. She definitely backed off when I gave her my death stare though lol

Running Horse and creampie00 like this.