Free School Art Project!

Discussion in 'Free School' started by skip, Oct 6, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I just came up with a great idea for a fun project for those with artistic inclinations. The school needs some kind of logo, or image to represent it.

I've been thinking lately of the students here getting "on the bus" so to speak... :)

So how about a school project where we can show the world what we can do as a group.

If you can remember the 60s...

Once upon a time there were psychedelic buses, like Furthur, painted by a whole group of tripped out people.

So as a school art project, why not see if you can come up with a design whereby you give each artist some "canvas" on the bus to play with. See if you can coordinate your effort so that there is some harmony, or message or complete chaos as you choose.

A slightly different option would be to get a bunch of ppl together for a photo shoot with an existing bus or to go and actually paint a bus, and take a photo and photoshop it, so it looks cool.

The idea here is to organize (a challenge for many artists), coordinate your efforts and talents and set egos aside in a group project.

I can offer some software tips to make it easier to pass the project around to each artist.

Anyone interested?

If this particular idea doesn't work, we can entertain other design suggestions.

Oh, and if there's an instructor out there who wants to make a class of this you're welcome! :)

I'm too busy to do that now.

2. IlUvMuSIc

IlUvMuSIc Senior Member

niccceeeee but if you do decide to have people actually meet up then thats gonna be a bit hard since some people (e.g me) wont be able to come and we're all in different countrys...

Id like to do that though.

3. aXXo

aXXo Banned

lol hard!!!

4. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

I'll gladly offer up one of our school busses to be painted for a free school art project. Maybe folks could send artwork to us & we could attach it to the bus, then take a pic when one side is filled with various works of art.

5. art_hippie

art_hippie Member

yes we can send some work and u gonna draw it or somethin like that.the ideia is verry good an i like it.i ll hepl with such a pleasure:}:}:]

lots of sunny smiles
    NAdia

6. SariaMew456

SariaMew456 Member

OMG u misspelled it u POSER everyone knows it was only spelled that way for like two weeks and in teh book!!!1!!111one

(Kidding, guys. Kidding. ;))

I think it sounds like an awesome idea, and I'll definitely send something in. All I can draw is stylized lotuses, though... and some surrealist stuff which "borrows" one or two characters from things I like. Hehe.

7. skip

8. SariaMew456

SariaMew456 Member

I know. I was kidding.

There's this guy on this other forum I'm on who's like obsessed with lecturing people that it wasn't spelled that way... that's all.:leaving:

9. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Pics of Furthur from just a year or two ago....

[​IMG]

In the Swamp

[​IMG]

Out of the Swamp thanks to Pranster Power

[​IMG]

Archival Art

Skip, you didn't say what you thought of the attached art idea; collage art, a favorite medium of Wavy Gravy. It sounds like loads of fun to JuJu & I & a couple of our busses are looking a little plain right now.

10. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

So where should we send art work? We have hundreds maybe thousands of people on hipforums... any idea how EVERYONE (if we all participate) can get their art on the bus? It seems unfair to make some peoples art small and others large just so we can fit all of them!

And let me make sure I understand this, we are going to send photos (via e-mail or snail mail) to someone and they are going to "redraw" our artwork onto the side of an actual bus?

11. skip

Well this project is on hold for now...

But you're welcome to turn this thread into a Bus Art thread with lots of pix of cool painted buses! :)

12. piscessunlibramoon19

piscessunlibramoon19 Member

This is a really awesome idea. I've always wanted to get an old school bus and paint a bunch of stuff on it, a mural or something. I was in Iowa once and saw a guy putting gas in an old school bus, and I looked at the bus and saw where it said "school bus" he painted an "X" through "school" and above it painted "MY". I thought that was funny and it's been since then that I've wanted my own bus. I don't know how to put pics on here but I am planning on doing some drawings and paintings and would be glad to submit some of my work for this project!

13. hxc_bby

hxc_bby Member

i like the idea of just putting pictures together... like have people do some trippy artwork and then put it all together... it would look friggin awesome... ill submit some work into it... i got some cool paintings that i did and some my mom did in highschool... theyed be really good....

14. bekyboo52

bekyboo52 52~unknown~52

y'no....ive always rly wanted to paint a bus.....im gonna look 4 1 and actually paint it......itd b cool.......

15. hippy@heart75

hippy@heart75 Member

This sounds like a really cool idea and if it starts back up, I would love to share so of my artwork with the world.
    Blessing, Love and Light,
    hippy@heart

16. PointlessCorn

PointlessCorn Guest

that bus is sick