Founding Fathers and Religion...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

Typo. I was trying to say that you should be against imprisonment by your own logic.

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Death is not punishment . The Founder's 'cruel and unusual' idea does not apply - something
    else does , and it is taboo to speak of it .

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I would be against imprisonment without the possibility of reprieve. As long as an innocent person is imprisoned he can work to get a retrial and demonstrate his innocence to the court. A dead man can't do that. Sure, as long as a death row prisoner is alive he can do the same thing, but once the shot is administered it is too late. The death penalty is completely unnecessary.

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Who are you trying to fool? A half million innocent civilians killed is NO accident! It's murder.

5. Maccabee

That isn't how murder works. Murder is intent, pure and simple. By your logic, the guy who shot someone for his wallet is less of a murderer than the guy who plowed through a school crossing full of kids because his brakes failed. The military has no intent of killing civilians.

6. Maccabee

You are still kidnapping an innocent man regardless of whether or not there's repreave. As long as we are excercising what if scenarios, what if by the time evidence is found that he was innocent, he's old man on his death bed? You taken away his life without actually killing him.

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Right, better to do it your way and just kill him straight off.

At least my way admits to the possibility of errors in the system. Your way is final.

8. Maccabee

Neither scenario is ideal, however it is less likely to happen with the deatg penalty than life without parol. Also, this is kinda irrelevant. What if it was plain as day that the guy murdered someone from HD footage. Would you support the death penalty then?

9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Yeah, I don't see how an innocent man being convicted of murder can be considered ideal.

What if there was no such footage? Would you still support the death penalty?

10. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

When Shrub invaded Iraq with lies about yellow cake, it was murder with intent to kill. And there's been a hundred thousand more civilians killed in Afghanistan. Bin Laden was in Pakistan. If you are Christian, you will have to answer for your support of these killings on judgement day...atheism won't save you. If you are Buddhist, karma is coming.

Notice all the people suffering in places like Syria, Haiti, and so many other hell holes.....They are the reincarnations of the nazis and fascists and other cruel killers that made so many suffer. What goes around comes around. You reap what you sow. Ignorance is not an excuse.

11. Maccabee

If there's difinitive proof of tge murder then yes, I would.

12. Maccabee

If anything, the intent was to "murder" enemy soldiers. You have yet to prove that they intended to target civilians.

You're deflecting. It doesn't matter if they managed to kill off the entire civilian population. If they didn't intended to kill the civilians then it wasn't murder by definition. Besides, nowhere did I condoned what we did in Afghanistan. All I'm saying is you have a tall order to fill if you are going to accuse the military of murdering civilians.

Yeah, off topic rant. I'm not touching this.

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Pretty sure that's EXACTLY how murder works...