foot oder.

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by zeppelinlova, Dec 21, 2008.

1. zeppelinlova

zeppelinlova Member

alright i have really bad foot oder and sometimes i can actually smell it when my shoes are on. so do you guys have any tips on getting rid of my foot Oder, because i am clue less at this point and will take any kind of advice you have to offer.. :(

2. sophieclair

sophieclair Senior Member

do you wear socks?

3. sublimeinal056

sublimeinal056 Member

I used to have horrible sweaty feet. I switched to low cut socks. It helps a little. Also, everytime you shower, WASH the hell out of them. Im talking almost 2 minutes just for scrubbing your feet.

4. zeppelinlova

zeppelinlova Member

i mean i do wash them alot but it still smells bad later on in the day. any other suggestions?

5. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

Ive been described as having "septic feet" by my mates at times and I've found that 90% of the time my feet start to stink its because of the shoes, not that they stink any worse than my feet but because they will turn clean feet into festering stench feet in under and hour, trying putting your shoes through a hot wash and see what happens.

6. loochy

loochy Member

on the go- throw baby powder in your shoes, it'll soak up sweat and nasty smell.

at home- soak your feet in a little tub with green tea bags in it for like 10minutes a couple times a week

7. MariusCesar

MariusCesar Member

Change different socks everytime you put on your shoes. I know it's a hassle but it'll become a habit in the long run and save money from buying new shoes.

And dry your feet after a shower, otherwise you'll start growing mushrooms.

Marius

8. zeppelinlova

zeppelinlova Member

thanks for alll the advice guys. i really appreciate it, ile try some of the things said in this post.

9. barefootconservative

barefootconservative Barefoot for God

It can have a lot to do with the kind of shoes you wear. For me, since I like dress shoes, I make sure they're leather lined, and a real leather upper. Why leather? Because it breathes. It helps reduce sweating (but won't eliminate it), and unlike those fabric interiors of most casual shoes, leather tends not to trap as much odor (though it will inevitably retain some). So be sure you're buying shoes made of breathable materials. Also, wear socks, as they will help absorb moisture and bacteria and odor.

Another issue may be your shoes, and not your feet themselves. If your shoes have been worn in a daily basis, I bet you there is odor built up in them that comes out worse when heated by your feet. Try deodorizing your shoes and see if that helps.

10. David0301

David0301 Members

you have brought it to the point.
    beautifully said.

I have had this issue in the past.
    Had to change my basketball sneakers every month or so .

Until one day i noticed the problem is the synthetics that dont allow for circulation, breathing. The sweat remains trapped.

Its not easy to find full leather sneakers. But they do exist. I own plenty of them now. Forget about adidas,nike,rebook & co . They all use synthetics inside.

11. barefootconservative

I know, it's why I never wear sneakers. The only full leather ones I can find anymore are dress shoes. But even for those, I occasionally have to use some shoe freshener. But the nice thing with leather, it's not a "hot" stink. You know, like how some smells are different when the air is heated vs cold? Yeah, synthetic shoes tend to give off hot smells, leather, the smells aren't usually heated, so they're not as strong.

12. David0301

David0301 Members

exactly the synthetics give hot terrible smells. even worse for men. and even worse when you exercise in them .
    The truth is that basketball players wear new shoes for every single game. Thats why they dont stink. I guess other athletes do the same.

Since I am wearing full leather shoes It does not smell at all. Just neutral. I agree with you. its hard to find full leather sneakers. Look out for no-name-manufacturers they do produce them. Ironically they are very cheap. Much cheaper than bs nike . I try to avoid wearing shoes at all times. Since I live close to the aquator now im wearing mostly sandals.

13. David0301

David0301 Members

that bothered me a lot for many years!! because when you take care of yourself and cleanup everything but...this odor is coming out of your shoes everybody can smell it . You cant take off your shoes when you are somewhere . That is a big big problem for guys. Happy to have solved it now. (btw nobody told me its because of the shoes, i figured out the hard way)

14. barefootconservative

Yes. It's why I NEVER wear shoes in summer. My feet get too hot, and I'll ruin my nice dress shoes. I save shoes for weather under 60ºF, when my sweat won't do as much damage.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  15. barefootconservative

Well, for the times you must wear closed shoes, I'll give you my solution to the times the smell gets a little too strong: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013...36_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=shoe+deodorizer
    It works like a charm. I use it in my shoes, and occasionally on my feet themselves if I just can't stand the smell (happens occasionally).

16. David0301

David0301 Members

thanks.
    but no need for me to even spray deos. its over. no smelling at all.
    Im glad you also dedicated much time to solve that issue.
    My friends still use synthetic shoes and still havent figured out why their shoes smell :)
    That issue must have taken so much time off you that it made you choose a profile name for it barefootconservative:grinning:
    conservative shoes in my opinion should be avoided. For other reasons such as deformity of your very individual feet. Try to wear sandals as much as possible. Or move to a warmer climate.
    I wear these leather sandals with straps fixed around your ankles all the time. you can walk in them just like with shoes

17. bunnygirl

bunnygirl available in taiwan

take bath daily and scrub foots with soap and brush all over

David0301 likes this.
  18. barefootconservative

See, I have a solution: I wear conservative shoes, but I buy them slightly big so my toes have pleny of room. They actually don't do too much harm, no worse than athletic shoes. They have no arch support, so my arches don't collapse due to being weakened from support. I also wear toe spacers to make sure my toes don't take the tapered shape of the shoe. Living in Idaho, I only get about five months worth of time of barefoot season. Once it gets too cold for summer wear, I break out the shoes again, but I like the look of dress shoes, so I go with those.

19. David0301

David0301 Members

im attaching the link for you, where I have been buying my shoes from, all leather, they got sneakers as well as business shoes, im very satisfied with them, good prices, it is a german company, oversized , but I think they got normal sized as well here it is:

www.schuhplus.com

20. David0301

David0301 Members

I have just read this text, sorry,
    you are great!! this is exactly what I also have been doing lately , buying the shoes a little bit bigger , also because i got the greek type foot vs egyptian type foot (google what the difference is) , also: main stream shoe manufacturers make their shoes too narrow for us men, did you know you can also choose the width of the shoes? try to get the biggest - thats J,or K size. It makes all the difference in the world. Then you wont need the toe spacers either. Toe spacers I had to google now to see what it is. I dont think you will need them if you buy J, or K width shoes. Regarding dress shoes: yes, but there is dressing shoes which you can wear without socks , they even got a few "windows" open , thats what im wearing as much as i can