Extensive Guitar Training

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by Jezmund, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

I want to get some extensive guitar training. If you know of any schools that offer good musical programs please let me know. I've checked with Berklee and its harder than hell to get into their program. Plus I want to find a school where I can start from the very beginning (I've never played a guitar before). Can anyone help me out? thanks

2. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

i'm pretty sure that atleast every major school has some kind of guitar program.. every community college i've looked into even had a few classes.

3. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

you may wish to consider seeing if you LIKE the guitar and if the guitar is really RIGHT for you before you do this.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

plus, you cannot walk in cold with NO musical knowledge. Picking up new instruments, yeah (was required for my brother) but not starting from nothing.
    University of North Texas has one of the premeire jazz programs. Northwestern, too. University of Northern Illinois has an AMAZING jazz guitar instructor, Fareed Haque (friend o mine).