end

Discussion in 'The Future' started by mr.morrison, Jan 21, 2006.

1. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

i think the world will end tommrow. if not tommrow then the next day, if not that day, then the day after that, etc. do u all agree withn me? i think im the only person who is right in this forum

2. chameleon_789

chameleon_789 Member

end is just a fancy way of saying beginning... and neither of those really exist outside our heads

3. Jerry

Jerry Member

Well, if you live on the west coast of the united states "the end" should probably be around ughhhh Jan. 25th/26th.

4. mr.morrison

y the 25 or 26?

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

come on, you've got to be more specific if you expect saying something like that to mean anything. every time someone comes up with something like this i have to ask and seldom get a sufficiently streight answer: what do you mean by world, and what do you mean by end?

=^^=
    .../\...

6. Jerry

Jerry Member

For the unholy a joke

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there is nothing more unholy then fanatacism, reguardless of what it is fanatacism of.

every revealer of every major belief themselves said so as clearly and unambiguously as they possibly could in the language, symbolisms and context of their times

the nazarene carpenter was no exception

(i know i've got to chill out and stop taking life so seriously. holy/unholy?
    i just know there's something pretty cool that no one knows anything about.
    not even me.)

=^^=
    .../\...

8. Jerry

Jerry Member

Well, one day you will probably find out what that really "cool thing" is, but it will probably be really hot, cause the only thing you will find in your current state of mind is hell. Repent and accept God as the one and Almighty so that you may be spared in the coming days. Laugh now, burn later.

9. Skratch

Skratch Member

damn jerry you need to share that shit your smokin man... I WANT SOME

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what makes you think it's not yourself who isn't accepting the god that is?

you still haven't explained what kind of sense it's supposed to make to expect what is greater then yourself to begin and end with what you think you know about it.

yet you continue to criticise others for accepting that the unknowable just might not.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. ~AmyLeeLoo~

~AmyLeeLoo~ Member

It actually makes perfect sense.

12. mr.morrison

i diddnt mean for a big religious discussion. i was bored and figured id make a thread with no meaning. if u read all the words ull see its kinda pointless.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this happens.

i was just listning to swami beyondananda and he was predicting that living in the now would be the wave of the future and time would become a thing of the past.

=^^=
    .../\...

14. Blinkandimgone

Blinkandimgone Member

well it's going to end one day so in a way you're right....

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

ah but what's going to end?

there is nothing but our collective ego to suggest the demise of our entire species, were that to be shortly forthcomming, would signiffigantly effect or even be noticed by, anything beyond the thin envelope of atmosphere surrounding our ... one ... small ... planet.

in a VERY BIG universe!

even the rocks of our planet are unlikely to be damaged signifigantly by our passing. the trees might. and the little furry creatures. we're already affecting them.

but sentient people on other worlds in distant solar systems will likely have little or no idea our entire species ever even existed in the first place.

as for the emminence of this happining, well we are adversely affecting the very cycles of nature our own existence depends upon, so i can't and won't say absolutely that it won't. but i do think a nonfatal to the species as a species population implosion, large as the resault of environmental carelessness and indifference, fueled by emotional attatchment to familiar assumptions, including, perhapse ironicly enough, those of belief as well, is not too far of a stretch to consider a real possibility.

peak oil is a reality, as is what our numbers alone, even whithout our carelessness is doing to our natural surroundings.

but to call an implosion of human population an "end" of anything, is still in my perceptions a bit of an exageration in the context of anything other then the number of individuals who will no longer be among the tangable living, as each of us are perfectly likely to be become one of them if we happen to live long enough to see it or it happens soon enough.

but don't hold your breath.
    remember what happened when noah was looking forward to seeing babalon being smitten.

=^^=
    .../\...

16. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Occam believes that the world will end when hydrogen burnup
    at the suns core results in a shift to red giant phase.

This will happen on 3rd of july 4,738,288,101 AD
    At 8:07am [Just after breakfast] gmt

So start getting your stuff together folks.
    We aint got long to get out of dodge
    [and please restrict yourselves to carryon luggage only]

Occam

The ball of rock called earth will continue
    But no atmosphere or biosphere means land prices will plummet
    So if your lookin for some prime investment call
    Ringworld Realty on #a/9997-galsec344466638

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'll be sure to be eating breakfast at that restaurant, the one with the big picture window ford prefict told douglas adams about. see you there?

(somehow i don't think anyone will be using a calendar with "A.D." anything in it, if anyone is still on board by then at all, let alone using calendars)

=^^=
    .../\...

18. Occam

Occam Old bag of dreams

Themnax

Yeh, occam will be there. Some homemade flapjacks and syrup
    always goes down well for brekky..And some coffee.
    Then BOOOOOOM. [oh, what a simply marvelous show..eh what?]

THe AD thing was so that contemporary types dont get confused.
    you know how it is.
    In reality, it wil be 2458 FHA local time [Following Horgleblatts Arrival]

Occam