Edibles

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by loveslovely, Nov 22, 2020.

1. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

what is the best edibles to get cause all i had brownies and gummies so far

2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Do you live where it's legal?

Oh never mind I see you live in Illinois where it's legal.

The dispensaries have candy because it lasts longer than brownies or cookies. The chocolates are good, gummies are good if you want nonfat edibles.

Personally I like making my own edibles. If you know someone who is growing any plants ask if you can get some trim in exchange for giving them some edibles when you bake them.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    loveslovely likes this.
  3. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

thank you for that i will look into that i been wanting to make my own edibles

4. newo

Good luck. If you've never made cannabutter you can find recipes online. Or you can just go old school and grind it into powder and toss it into the mix, like I do.

loveslovely likes this.
  5. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

thank you ❤

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

They're dangerous because of the possibility of overdose.

But if you must...

[​IMG]

It's probably best to limit yourself to 30 mg or less. Possibly 20 mg or less, depending on your weight. This is my own personal estimation from experience. You can ask the budtender at your dispensary if he knows anything.

I used to take a whopping 30 mg dose and get really stupendous every night.

If someone tries to tell you to take more than that, ask yourself how well you know this person.

Try to cut the bar into manageable portions of 30-20-10 mg. If it's your first time try maybe 15mg and see what you think. Wait an hour and a half before you take more... edibles take a long time to kick in most of the time.

loveslovely and sandybrooke like this.
  7. newo

30 mg is a high dose for most people. Standard legal edibles come in 10 packs of 5 mg candies. If you're THC tolerance is average then 5 mg should get you a nice high.

What I tell people when they do edibles is, after an hour you're buzzed, after 2 hours you're stoned, and after 3 hours you're peaking, and you'll peak for a couple more hours before you start slowly coming down.

loveslovely and soulcompromise like this.
  8. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

wow thank you for the information i always buy the brownies more often and i had to stop takin it for awhile it kept me almost paranoid

9. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

my friend bought some chocolate bar and it had 50mg she told me it didnt phase her

10. newo

She must have really high tolerance. I once ate a 50 mg edible and ended up lying in bed, barely moving for 2 hours.

I've been smoking/eating pot for 50 years and my tolerance has never gotten much higher than average.

loveslovely likes this.
  11. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

thanks i try not to eat edibles all the time it be makin me paranoid sometimes

12. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

she probably do lol but i couldnt take that way too much for me its enough when i take 20mg